Visit Louisiana

So often I have friends and family who want to visit Louisiana and ask, "What should I do when I come to visit?" This inspired me to create an ABC Challenge - where I write about my home state following the theme of ABC. As I participate in the challenge, I will add the links here for future reference. If you click on the link, it will bring you to the post, but I'll also give the words associated with the letter in case there's something specific you might want to read about.

A is for: Avery Island, Aquarium of the Americas, Angola and Atchafalaya Basin (pictures of swamp tours)

B is for: Bourbon Street (Preservation Hall & Pat O'Brien's), Boudin, Beignets (Cafe du Monde), Bon Ton Cafe in New Orleans

C is for: Contemporary Arts Center, Cemeteries, City Park

D is for: D-Day Museum

E is for: Étouffée

F is for: French Quarter (St Louis Cathedral, Cabildo, Artists) and French Market (shopping, Cajun Cafe at the Market)

G is for: Garden District

H is for: Haunted Homes

I is for: Insectariums

J is for: Jazz, Julia Street, Jean Lafitte Park, Jackson Brewery

K is for: Katrina

L is for: Longue Vue House and Gardens, Lafreniere Park, Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, Lake Pontchartrain, "Le Bon Temps Roule"

M is for: Mississippi River, Mardi Gras,

N is for: NOMA

O is for Oysters - go to Drago's and Onion Soup

P is for: Plantations

Q is for: Queen of the South and Quarter View Restaurant

R is for: Rivertown, Ralph's on the Park Restaurant, Rig Museum

S is for: Swamp Tours, St Luis Cathedral, Segway Tours, Street Pronunciation, Street Car

T is for: Tours, Trolley Stop care, Tipitina's

U is for: U-Boat, Ursuline Convent

V is for: Voodoo, Vermilionville Tours

W is for: Waterpark, Warehouse District

X is for: Xavier University

Y is for: Yat - 12 Days of Christmas

Z is for: Zydeco, Zoo, Zea's

Comments