Z is for

ABC Your Home State


(Grab the button on the right sidebar)

Welcome to “ABC of Your State” ~ This challenge is based on friends and bloggers asking about Louisiana, as well as my interest in travel and learning about other places. Please feel welcome to join in.



Z is for

~ Zydeco. It’s bluesy Creole Music. It’s… unique. First couple of songs you’ll enjoy because it’s so different…. But then, by the third zydeco song, you’ll start to think it all sounds the same. If you have the chance, enjoy some of it, just because it is so different.

~ Zoo – I think I might have already mentioned the Audobon Zoo, and they “all asked for you.” They have white tigers there, two beautiful white tigers. I think those are the prettiest cats there. But lots to see and do at the zoo.

~ Zea’s Restaurant in New Orleans – everything is good off the menu and I think we tried just about all of it over the years of living here.

~ and last but not least… after going on all the tours, walking through the heart of the French Quarter, shopping in the French Market, feeding the gators in the swamps, riding the street cars, going to all the restaurants and eating mudbugs and gator and who knows what else, listening to our jazz and Dixie and zydeco, visiting the plantation homes, walking through haunted houses, catching beads during Mardi Gras, experiencing the D-Day Museum, eating beignets and seeing Lake Pontchartrain… and oh my gosh, all those other things and more… be sure to take the time to … catch some ZZZZZZZZZZZ’s….

I made it A to Z about Louisiana! I challenge all you wonderful bloggy friends to do the same and let me know when you do, because I’d love to read about your home state!

So, the end of my A to Z also ends 2011. May the 2012 year be filled with wonder and joy and laughter and cheer.

Now.. I need another good challenge to begin for next year. Any suggestions??


Comments