P is for


ABC Your Home State


(Grab the button on the right sidebar)

Welcome to “ABC of Your State” ~ This challenge is based on friends and bloggers asking about Louisiana, as well as my interest in travel and learning about other places. Please feel welcome to join in.



P is for

~ Plantations

Destrehan Plantation isn't that far from New Orleans. It's an antebellum home, established in 1787 and "remains the oldest documented plantation home in the lower Mississippi River Valley."

Oak Alley Plantation. It's what movies are made of. Best time to go is during spring to see the oak foliage. It's stunning. I remember going there with my family as a little girl, I didn't even want to step inside the plantation home, I just wanted to wander in and out of the big oaks. It's called the "Grande Dame of the Great River Road" for a reason. Greg and I went there recently. He had a specific perspective shot of the picture he wanted to take (see below). To see more pictures of our visit to Oak Alley Plantation, click here for my Picasa site.



Laura Plantation. This is not your typical plantation. Greg and I toured this a couple of years ago and throughly loved it. The tour guides give a lot of detail and I love the colors of the home. I'd definitely recommend putting this on your plantation tour list!

Comments