Visit and YouTube

My Uncle Sonny and Aunt Sophia from California came into town this past weekend. We had a delightful meal, filled laughter and memories. Uncle Sonny shared stories about when he was a little boy ~ he had a gift for finding animal and bringing them home.

Those animals ranged from copperhead snakes (capturing it in a jar and hiding in the backyard garden… seemed like a good idea until his Mom went gardening!).. to a pet turtle (which he hid under his bed and put in a box. He didn’t realize the turtle could get out, but the turtle didn’t do too well with the stairs. It rolled down the stairs – clunk, clunk, clunk…. His parents thought someone was trying to break into the house and called the police! You can imagine the officers expression when they found the culprit of the sound)… to a pet pig ~ my grandmother refused to allow Uncle Sonny to keep it as a pet.

(Some Pictures during their visit)












































Of course, when you talk about childhood memories, Rob and I are good targets. Mom recapped the time when Rob was three years old and said he would burn down the house and the time I was in the second grade and change a grade on my report card! Not fun times that you look back on and can laugh at… hey, what’s life if you can’t laugh at yourself!

We cleaned the table and Greg said, “Show your Mom the bracelet.”

Some of you might remember the power balance bracelet post that I did a couple of days ago. To go back to that post, click here.

I decided to document the results with a video of what happened. Then I uploaded the videos to YouTube to share. If you watch the first YouTube, towards the end, I capture my brother in a chair and he doesn’t believe it. The second YouTube is the power balance test on Rob.


And for those who might remember a while back… to give an update, my uncle is cancer free now!











Comments

Get-togethers are such fun, especially when you talk about growing up days. When we do that, we really go on talking till it's really really late, and everybody kind of peters out and sits around in a happy, warm silence.

Glad to know about your uncle's recovery.
CB said…
You are having way to much fun with that bracelet but it is cool!

Glad you had a fun visit with family. I think telling old funny family stories make for the best laughter!

Enjoy your day!
Lisa said…
Your brother was just cracking me up. Did he ever believe it?
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you had a great time and while I felt a bit bad for the turtle, it was a funny story!

The video was great!
Aleta said…
Lisa ~ I don't think my brother believes in it. He said he doesn't understand it, so he doesn't belive in it. Me ? I might not understand it, but the results are good enough for me :)
Kimberly said…
I love hearing stories about your family! :)

Speaking of turtles, I've been watching a turtle in my backyard now going on three days. At least I think it's the same turtle, could be a different one....
Wow - fun stories.... looks like everyone had a wonderful time.
You have such a loving and fun-loving family! Your stories make me smile! Such a wonderful time together! I get happy just thinking about it! Have a wonderful weekend! Love, Janine XO
Stacey said…
Aleta, your family time sounds like fun. We love to remember childhood memories.

I'm saying prayers that the oil spill doesn't reach the gulf coast!!
Vikki North said…
So much fun and pretty amazing too.
Vikki
Jen said…
wow that is amazing!! I wanted to come by and say thanks for helping me celebrate my SITS day on Monday!!
Carma Sez said…
Glad that your uncle is doing well. You seem like such a happy family :-)

I can't believe you tried to change a grade in second grade!!! You were quite the 8 year old rebel ;-)
Holyoke Home said…
What is the benefit of the bracelet, other than not being able to be knocked down?
Kim said…
The best part of family get togethers are the stories! :) It's the very best part! The more embarassing the better!

And those stories about your Uncle and the pets, they're a little terrifying! Especially when I have a little boy growing up! I hope I don't find any snakes or turtles around the house!
A New Yorker said…
Interesting. Perhaps I should get one. Where do you buy one?