WHO DAT FEVER

My cousin, Holly wrote on FB: "The rain leaving New Orleans is headed towards us in the form of a No'Easter. They say it'll be like a winter hurricane. I guess all that excitement down there can't be contained!"

I wrote to her: "I heard about the winter storm and thought, "Man is that wild or what?! Winter Storm in Maryland. Earthquake in California. And the Saints in the Super Bowl! I tell ya, we're ROCKIN' THE PLACE! You should be here - RIGHT NOW! It's crazy, crazy, happy, happy, like I"ve never seen before. You can't pass a person in the streets without seeing Black and Gold and people calling out "WHO DAT" like it's a Halmark greeting!" Greg said, "You turn on the TV and all you hear about is the Saints. Then a pause, "Oh yeah, there's still a war, the economy still sucks, the health care issue is on the rocks -- NOW - LET'S GET BACK TO THE SAINTS!" Woot Woot!

It's just Friday and people are Who Dat crazy! Mom's school is having a Black and Gold parade. Dad bought a bunch of really nice Mardi Gras beads. I made some "Saints Care Packages" for the office. When I came in to work the next morning, I said, "Give me a WHO DAT!" Everyone yelled back and in true Mardi Gras tradition, I tossed the beads at them! I've never seen everyone in the office smile like that before. Lola said, "What a way to start the day!" Everyone wanted to make predictions of the game. (I'm going to add that Lola predicted the exact score of the NFC Championship. This time, though she didn't want to give a score, just the points to win by.)































Greg came by the office and took some group shots - we're all decked out in Black and Gold! WOO DAT! (Lola said, "Have you noticed that no matter who you talk to, you can't help but adding a "WHO DAT" in the conversation!")












































































Karen and Lola, coworkers, wrote an email to Dad saying: "There is a new flu virus going around that makes H1N1 look like child's play. It's called the WHO DAT fever. It has a two day incubation of sickness. I'm feeling it coming on for Sunday. I might not be in to work on Monday and Tuesday." Dad laughed but no, we're still open, even after the Super Bowl. Lol.

My friend, Kristen, sent me an email of her hubby's hair cut: (Yes, it's a Fleur de Lis - a LOT of people are doing this!)













Greg said, "I heard on the radio a lady called in from Alabama. She lives in France now. She said that the French are cheering on the Saints because of the Fleur de Lis. They have adopted our team!' WOO HOO!!!! Go France! Yeah!!


And we have bonfires set up on the levee:
























People who don't live in Louisiana are coming to NEW ORLEANS to party for the Super Bowl - it's so wonderful! Gosh... just unbelievable, this bond!


Greg sent me an email, saying, "Best Saints vid yet - starts off with Hendersons audio over the Saints plays.. BEAUTIFUL!!! then adds with the best Nola song then at the end do the song... instead of: THIS IS SPARTA!!" well listen for yourself. Definitely a great hype piece Definitly. CRUNK!!!!" Ok, I got teary eyed when Henderson said, "It's Goo oooo oooo ddddd!" That was emotion!

Click Here for the video link



And just so you don't get confused: Louisiana has decided to change the days of the week: Mondat, Truedat, Wedat, Drewdat, Fridat, Saintsdat and WhoDat!!!





We had black and gold beads to give to our customers that came to the office. When I went home for lunch, Greg turned on the radio and GUESS WHO WAS ON THE RADIO - MY FRIEND KRISTEN!!! She won a 50 inch TV and 800 dollars worth of food for the Saints Game! She is such a cool friend and sounded GREAT on the radio - Love ya, Girl!

Greg sent me this email:

I still cant get over the fact we heard Kristen on the radio.... do you know the chances of that happening....

1 I was home

2 you were home

3 Kristen had to wait (i am sure) a VERY long time to talk to the host

4 I would turn on the radio JUST at that moment that she came on the radio..... UN_FREAKING BELIEVABLE!!! Now I KNOW the SAINTS will WIN!!!!













Greg and I went to his parents' home. Greg's Dad predicted who would be in the Super Bowl by putting the caps on the counter. Greg took a picture of the caps. I said, "OK, to predict the winner..." and I pushed off the Colts cap. Hehe.



















GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!! Dear God, I love this city, I love the people, I love the Saints, I love the Joyful Spirit and I love My Man! AMEN! (below - decals on my car - 504 & Fleur de Lis!)

Comments

CB said…
I think you, your husband and your friends should get front seats at the bowl for all you Saints Spirit!! You guys rock!

I love DAT FEVER - he he :D

The hair cut is super cool -
I hope they win !!!!
You'll be hearing me cheer from CA for your team!! And your post really made me smile.
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
Cheering for the Saints from Texas!! Go Go Go!!!!!!!!!! And great pix there, Aleta! So cute. So happy!!! ♥
Ugich Konitari said…
The last super bowl I saw was in 1971. But your excitement is so infectious, what with winter storms and stuff happening, and the black and gold beads, that I'll just root for your Saints from here :-)

Incidentally, wearing a black and gold necklace is a mandatory thing for married ladies in my religious community, the husband puts it around the bride's neck during the wedding ceremony. So you are doing just fine with the beads, it's auspicious and the Saints will win !
Kavi said…
Black & Gold !

What excitement that seeps in through the post!

Lovely !
Lilly said…
Oh I love how excited you all are. And your city so deserves to be. I will be keeping my fingers crossed and tuned in. I love how everyone is getting behind the excitement and going all out. Have a great time!!!!
GingerJar said…
OMG it sounds like fun...and I don't even LIKE football, however have been known to tolerate a Dallaw Cowboy game now and then. New Orleans and the SuperBowl, now doesn't that sound like a reciepe for PARTY!?! lOVE THE BEADS...and what a thoughtful and fun thing to do. Hope the Saint's win...just because your my blogger friend! Who Dat?!