What's on Your Wrist

What’s on Your Wrist?

I love to make jewelry, but these days, if a kid asks me to make a bracelet, I will have to decline.

Mom teaches the 5th grade. Greg and I visited with my parents over the weekend and Mom said, "Do you know the snap game?" I asked her to explain. It seems that these plastic bracelets that originally started as "fight cancer" and other diseases have taken off in a variation with the kids. If a boy or girl snaps a bracelet on someone else's wrist, it requires the person wearing the wrist to do specific things.

What the kid has to do is based on the color that the other person snapped.

EXAMPLE:

If Child A is wearing a Yellow Bracelet and Child B snaps the yellow bracelet, then Child A has to give Child B a hug. Because Yellow stands for a hug.


Aww, that's sweet, right? No harm in a hug, right? Just make sure that's the only color your kid is wearing on a wrist, because here's the breakdown of hues:

Black - the wearer will have regular "missionary" sex
Blue - indicates oral sex performed on a guy
Clear - indicates a willingness to do anything the snapper wants
Green - indicates that oral sex can be performed on a girl
Glittery Blue - is willing to perform anal sex
Glittery Clear - wearer will let the snappee "feel up" or touch any body part
Glittery Green - the wearer is willing to "69"
Glittery Pink - willing to "flash" a body part
Glittery Purple - willing to French kiss
Glittery Yellow - indicates kissing and hugging is acceptable
Yellow - wearer is willing to hug
Pink - wearer is willing to give a hickey
Orange - wearer is willing to kiss
Purple - wearer is willing to kiss a partner of either sex
Red - wearer is willing to perform a lap dance

Comments

Tabitha Bird said…
Yeah, this is also happening in Australia. I think it is very sad and I think parents need to be aware of it. Great post for making others aware.
JudyH329 said…
Wow! I'm glad you did a post about this! Sometimes what people are willing to do leaves me speechless! So much for the 60's sexual freedom revolution, huh! I wonder how many parents and grandparents think the 60's choices are really that great now? Hope you have a great day!
jules said…
I heard about this a few years ago already. I think it is terrible!!
Laurel said…
I thought it was with the thinner rubber bracelets that they had when we were kids.
There's a Nip/Tuck episode about a bracelet party.
A New Yorker said…
I heard about this a while back. But blaming the bracelets is like blaming the gun and not the shooter.
Sharon said…
Oh NO! How tragic that our kids are so misled about sex and intimacy... It breaks my heart. I couldn't agree more with the above comment about the sexual revolution... what a terrible harvest it's brought.

thanks for sharing this info... I would have had no idea.
Coffeypot said…
Wow! Where can I get hold of the bracelets? Does it work on adults?
I'm going to lock my kids up in a cage now.
Kavi said…
I cant believe this. Is this what its come to ?!?!
Carma Sez said…
Good lord, that is crazy. Thanks for bringing this to the attention of clueless parents like myself. My son will not be dating until he is 35 :D
Oh, how horrible...so terrible that children are abandoning their childhood and innocence...What an important post for all parents to read!!!! Thank you! ~Janine XO
You did say 5th grade, right? That's unbelievable.

At least most Aussie school uniform rules outlaw any jewellery. But yeesh.

Where do these kids think they are going to do all these things? On the basketball courts? In the library? I think the average teacher would notice oral sex going on at the back of a classroom.
Kim said…
WHAT?! WOW! I had to go back and make sure that said 5th grade. 5TH GRADE! It makes me sick. Not just that these kids all know about all of these acts already and are so willing to do them, but that they don't seem to understand that each and every one of those acts is supposed to have meaning. Importance. Something that wristband colors don't require any of those acts to have. Something that all of those children will regret doing one day just because someone snapped their bracelet. Not to mention how wrong it is that they've taken these "Fight" bracelets and ruined them. Sad.
prashant said…
heard about this a few years ago already. I think it is terrible!! Work From Home
Holly said…
So I left a comment last week on your post with the bracelet you made. I'm finally getting back to this one. The strangest thing, is the day after I read this, Parker gets ready for school in the morning (6th grade) and he is wearing two of the bands. Which he hasn't worn in ages. I let it go, thinking in the back of my head 'no, this can't be happening out here in the middle of nowhere'.

A few days later, he's still wearing them. I asked him if they play any games with these at school. He looked at me weird, and said 'what games?". I said "like snapping them". He laughed and said, "Yeah, we try to see how much we can hurt each other and who gives up first. I won! But we don't play any more because it hurts too much."

Whew! Yup, just typical boy games going on here.
Thank goodness I can homeschool my kids.
2Wired2Tired said…
I've heard of this. I hope it goes out of style quickly. It's ridiculous and I can't even imagine the pressure it puts on the kids. I want to wring the neck of the person who thought this up.
Joanna said…
Oh my word!! I am so clueless. Good thing we homeschool cuz that is just messed up.