Day 2 NaBloWriMo

For Day 2 of the Blog a Day, I thought I’d give an update and pose a question.


The update: The carport is back up, along with the garage door. The first time I could park under the carport it was when I came home from lunch and…. it was raining. I was having a flashback moment and almost parked my car in the driveway rather than under the carport. How silly is that?

The question: Greg and I were talking about my car. When the carport crashed down, it almost totaled my car. Thankfully, Fradella’s Car Repair worked with me. They were able to repair everything on my car and now I even have a new paint job! But… and here’s the issue between Greg and I, the case of the three missing hubcaps.

My vehicle has missed those hubcaps for a while and after the car was freshly painted, Greg stated that it still didn’t look good, because of the missing hubcaps. We got into a little debate, where bottom line, I asked him, “So, if the body of the vehicle is great, fantastic, but it doesn’t have hubcaps, it’s a piece of trash? And if the body of the vehicle is in horrible condition, but it has cool hubcaps, it's a good looking car?” He said, “Yes.” I thought that was totally ridiculous, but maybe I'm just not with it when it comes to cars. I see the tires as a means to move the car, not the end all be all appearance.

My question to you, my fellow bloggers ~ do you agree with Greg? Do the looks of the vehicle all fall on the hubcaps?

And before you ask, yes, I did get new hubcaps. But that’s a post for tomorrow.

Comments

Peggy said…
I think how a car works is definitely more important than how it looks, but I'm sure I would draw the line somewhere if it looked REALLY bad. (My car is 18 years old, works well and looks ok except for always being dirty. I ignore that.)
Kimberly said…
I think it's a toss up. Depends on what the rims say! lol
A New Yorker said…
Well since someone stole ONE of mine and I refuse to pay for a new one I'd say NO to Greg.
septembermom said…
Of course, my husband would agree with Greg. He's all about rims, hubcaps and the "lines" of the car. Me, please start this morning :)
Anonymous said…
im with lauren on this one. ive lost hubcaps before and never replaced them. its not that i didnt/dont want hubcaps, they just arent high on my list of things to purchase.

i agree also with septembermoms comment, all i require is that a car will start and then get me from point a to point b.
The Forscheins said…
I'd say it does not but Jake would definitely agree with Greg on this one. Maybe it's a Venus vs. Mars kind of argument....
Can't wait for tomorrows' post!! It's very brave that you've taken on this 1 post a day for 1 month thing Aleta! If I wasn't moving I'd have thought about doing it too.
Aleta said…
Thank you Thank you Thank you, Ladies!!!! See, the OTHER part of the argument, that I told Greg was that WOMEN wouldn't car so much about the hubcaps/rims. That it's a MAN thing! He then said, "Blog about it and see what the ladies say." And here, he was making me feel like I was totally out of the loop with things!
2Wired2Tired said…
I think that is definitely a guy's point of view. I never understood the obession rappers and other celebrities have with the fancy hubcaps. Now the ones that spin, they are pretty cool and I've seen them on everything from mini-vans to trashy cars and they do take your eyes away from the crappiness of the car. So maybe he has a point... :)
Leslie said…
I wouldn't worry about it, but it would drive my husband over the edge. It's a guy thing...
Anonymous said…
Hubcaps not important--I'm with you on this one. Why make a mountain out of a mole hill. KRL
Dan Berger said…
Hubcaps only make the car if they come equipped with lasers to eliminate tailgaters.
Helen Ginger said…
I'd have to side with you. Having a spiffy car AND hubcaps is nice, but if it's either/or, I'll go with no dents.

Helen
Straight From Hel
Anonymous said…
uh oh...i think greg lost this one.

:)
Joanna Jenkins said…
I've never lost a hubcap before so I'm not sure if it would bug me or not. But I'm not a "car person" and what I drive isn't a big deal to me as long as it run 100% of the time.
xo
For me, I couldn't care less about the hubcaps. But people are all about rims these days. I don't get it.
So...did you get spinners? ha ha ha
Sukku said…
Well the hubcaps are secondary...you can take your time to get new ones...but that does not undermine the functioning of the car....
Beverly Herman said…
hubcaps are a guy thing. Not something I notice right away.
Holly said…
My first thought when I read the post was "it's a man thing". After reading comments, I can see I'm not alone in my thinking! :-)