Movie Inspiration

Thank you for your comments and suggestions for Greg’s birthday wish! We both truly appreciate it. Greg said, “It was a “different” type of birthday. Good, but definitely different.” His birthday started with a 3:30 am wake up call. The flight back home was an early bird one. You might have noticed I’ve been lax in responding on your blogs, but with good cause. We were in Boston, Maine and Canada (Niagara Falls) ~ a 13 day family trip, thanks to my parents!


Greg’s parents and siblings had a birthday gathering for him later that night. Among his gifts he received gift cards to the movie theater. What did we go see? “Julie & Julia” ~ centered on cooking (which goes so well with Greg’s birthday request for recipes).


It was a delightful movie and worth the afternoon cost. In fact, as we walked out of the theater, I said, “It was so good that it might inspire me to cook!” Greg said, “Don’t tease me!”

We both related to the movie, from one lady learning to cook to another lady posting on her blog.

Unlike the movie, I won’t give a time limit or require myself to cook all the recipes. But ~ I promise to cook breakfast and dinner at least twice this week. Figured I would post this and see how it keeps me accountable.

If you have the chance, I definitely recommend seeing the movie. The actors did a great job and the show has a comfortable pace AND… it’s not just a “chic flick!”

Hopefully this week I'll blog about the trip (though it will be lengthy) and I'll definitely catch up with reading blogs again!

Comments

Our family saw the movie last night and just LOVED it.
Rush said…
i will hold you to ur word lady!!jus kidding, but yea will b fun to start experimenting in the kitchen? there is always a first time, i believe!!

I was just posting my series of Canada blogs..Niagara is amazing from Canada, just loved it!!
A New Yorker said…
Awesome. I was thinking about seeing that movie although it's not playing close to me. I'd have to get on the subway. BUMMER. So I'm looking forward to knowing if posting your cooking schedule will actually keep you accountable or not. LMAO
Dr. Wifey said…
you are the 3rd person in 2 days i have heard say that was a good movie! good luck with your cooking :)
Kavi said…
Hmm. Will look the movie up. In the meanwhile, enjoy the cooking !

:)
Vikki North said…
Hi Aleta,
I desperately want to catch 'Julie&Julia". I can actually remember Julia Childs TV show. She was totally insane!

Happy Birthday to Greg. (I just celebrated my birthday also)

And great new looking blog!
Vikki
Mari said…
It sounds like an awesome trip! Can't wait to hear more about it. Glad Greg had a good birthday.
septembermom said…
Happy that Greg had a great birthday! I can't wait to see that movie. It sounds terrific:)
grace said…
i definitely want to see the film. if the previews are any indication, meryl streep is spot-on. glad greg enjoyed it too. :)
*Akilah Sakai* said…
Very nice trip you all were on. Glad Greg had a fantastic birthday.
Marrdy said…
Glad you had a good vacation including a fun birthday! Now I REALLY want to go see Julie & Julia!
Joanna Jenkins said…
Hi! I'm just back from vacation and sorry I'm late wishing GREG HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I can't wait to see Julie and Julie the movie. I read "My Life in Paris" about Julia Childs and have given it as a gift at least 7 times! If you haven't read it I highly recommend it.

Now I'm off to catch up on your posts.

xo
Grand Pooba said…
I'm just not a chick flick kinda chick so I'm not sure if I'll like Julie and Julia!
Kimberly said…
I can't wait to see this movie!!! I'm super excited about it. Glad to hear that Gregs birthday went well!!
Jessica said…
How's the cooking going? :) I SO want to see that movie!
The Blonde Duck said…
Sounds like you had a great time!
Lilly said…
“It was so good that it might inspire me to cook!” Greg said, “Don’t tease me!”
Made me alugh out loud. So, how is it going Aleta? The cooking I mean. AND HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES TO GREGORY.