Sunday Citar



I'm participating in Tabith'a Sunday Citar. Click here to see her site and join in on the fun! (post a picture to go with a quote). This Sunday ~ it's all about nature.

(Oak Trees in New Orleans City Park ~ They survived Katrina with deep roots)
"A few minutes ago every tree was excited, bowing to the roaring storm, waving, swirling, tossing their branches in glorious enthusiasm like worship. But though to the outer ear these trees are now silent, their songs never cease." John Muir


(picture in Metairie by Lake Pontchartrain – sunset)




"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." Ralph Waldo Emerson











picture of a lily in Zachary at my grandmother’s home ~ for the quote and for my blogger friend, Lilly, who is an inspiration and joy to read.)




"All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind."" Abraham Lincoln






Comments

UtahJenny said…
All so inspiring ... what a great story of the oaks!
What a great post. :) have a great Sunday.
Lilly said…
Awww, how did you know I needed that right this minute, Thank you!!
Beautiful.
sema said…
beautiful pictures and great quotes!
I was in that park years ago and I am relieved to hear that they survived the floods!
Celeste said…
patience, something I must work on.
Anonymous said…
I truly loved your pictures, because I am a New Orleans native. Now I'm in San Antonio.
Very nice...love the pictures!
Caroline said…
Lovely! I could not imagine a life without trees...
Tabitha Blue said…
Aleta, these are great!!! So glad you joined in!! The photos are great and I especially love that second one, and that second quote too... I definitely strive for more of the pace of nature!!

:)
~Tab
Crystal Rae said…
Very beautiful pictures... and beautiful quotes... Awesome!
traci said…
super quotes. the ralph waldo emerson one has always been a favorite of mine.
Anonymous said…
Great quotes. Yes I wish I had more patience!
Anonymous said…
that first photo and quote is amazing. it would have been a shame to lose that tree, hu?
Rowe said…
Hi Aleta, thanks for popping over. Lilly is indeed an inspiration and a joy to read. I am a tree and nature lover, what a wonderful quote about trees by John Muir. I see them as decorations that frame our world so beautifully and could not imagine a world without them.
I love the first quote...it's amazing!
Kavi said…
The Oak Tree has been a symbol of great pride and awe inspiring inspiration for me.

You know, with its giant spread and solid position, that so much more is possible, if only the roots are deep and have grown over the years !

Lovely pictures. Glad that they survived Katrina !
jkluginbill said…
Gorgeous photos. I love Emerson!
septembermom said…
Wonderful photos! The quotes are terrific. I love the Emerson one especially:)
Katie Lane said…
Love your second quote. Patience is so important.
Rush said…
i like the sunday citar idea..a great way to share..citar in India, is the name of a musical instrument
Aleta said…
I'm so enjoying everyone's Citar share! (Greg even sent me a quote today to use for next Sunday - will just need to capture the moment to go with the quote.)

And... Rush, you wrote, "citar in India, is the name of a musical instrument" Greg surprised me, because he told me that was the meaning of Citar before your comment. How interesting ~ poetic if you will ~ music, inspirational quotes and pictures.
aditi said…
Kewl idea,
maybe i will join too :)