Korean Beef

I don't want to be a "one trick pony" when it comes to cooking.  Sure, I don't cook that often, but when I do, I'd like to have a nice repertoire of dishes.  I have never cooked an Asian dish or used Asian spices.  Given this is new for me, I hunted for a recipe with simple ingredients and simple instructions.



If you have ever had Southern "dirty rice" you know what I'm talking about, only this has an Asian twist to it with the flavor.  My husband enjoyed it, but he said to try cutting back on the sugar next time.



Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup soy sauce

1 Tablespoon sesame oil

4 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers (we didn't have this, so I used just the smallest amount of Cayenne to give it some zing.)

salt and pepper

1 bunch green onions, diced

Rice, cooked







Instructions:



In a large skillet over medium heat, add sesame oil, garlic and beef.  Brown the meat.

Drain the fat.  Add Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce, Ginger, salt and pepper and red peppers/Cayenne.

Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors.

Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions.











It's a quick, easy meal with a different flavor we generally don't eat.  I enjoyed it and liked trying something new too!






Comments