Fudge Fiasco

During the Christmas holidays, I wanted to make fudge.  It's something I wanted to do.. to create a tradition.  And I thought, "What better tradition than using the chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe from Greg's grandmother."  Greg's Mom had the recipe card and she gave me the copy:







Now, I'm not going to type of a new card, because... well, it didn't come out too well, even though it did taste good.  It came out needing to be served with a spoon.  I think it required too much butter, personally.  But again, it tasted great.



However, we didn't even follow this recipe, as my husband kept on saying that the recipe was wrong and wasn't how they made it as children.















We did the first yep - mixed the sugar and cocoa and we gradually added the milk.  And we stirred constantly.  But my husband said that we don't add the peanut butter until AFTER the fudge formed a ball in the water.  You keep a couple of glasses of water and drop a drop of fudge into it to see if it holds together, that's when you know the fudge is done.



Here it shows the fudge boiling up and then boiling down and the drop of fudge in the water that is well formed.



















Boiled "down" picture, then added butter picture, then added peanut butter picture.















Looks pretty in the next picture, tasted great, but needed a spoon to serve it!







I'm determined to find another chocolate or chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe to try next year!

Comments