Veggie Soup

My husband loved the veggie soup I made.  He asked me, "Do you remember what all you put in it?"  Errrr, ummm…. kinda?  He was a little frustrated, because I think he wants me to be able to duplicate it again.  His comment was, "This is on the top five of things that you make."



Don't get me wrong, I like a good veggie soup, but ok…. wow…  Thanks, Honey.



This is as I recall it:



Chop 2 onions and 2 stalks of celery.  Saute onions and celery in the pot with a small piece of butter… season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.



Add chicken broth (I used the low Sodium kind in a box and only added about half of it at first, but I did end up using the entire amount.. but first wanted to make sure I had room for all the veggies).. Add canned tomatoes (I used one can of tomatoes that had onions and bell peppers in it.. and I used half a can of tomatoes and mild green peppers.)  Add in a spoon full of tomato paste (not the entire can).  Add bouillon (I used beef and it wasn't a cube.  It was low sodium and it was in a jar but was more of a liquid than a cube.)



Reduce heat to a simmer and let that cook for about 20-30 minutes.



Add the veggies.  My mixture included:



Chopped Zucchini

Frozen Green Beans

Frozen Mixture of peas, corn and butter beans

Chopped Small Potatoes



I like a lot of color in a dish and this came out great.  My husband had some left over steak that he cooked the night before.  It was then chopped into small pieces and added at the very last to the soup.  Yes, that means it wasn't a total ONLY veggie soup, but the steak was smallest ingredient, so it's not like a main item.  Lol.



Anyway, big hit and that makes me happy!  Woot!










Comments