Egg Fool Yung

All the reviews raved about it and it looked easy.  My first attempt with Chinese food.  My husband will order Egg Fu Yung every now and then, but he often times complains that it's too greasy.  I figured this recipe called for very few items and looked simple.  It doesn't take much time either!



*** SEE BELOW FOR UPDATED PICTURES **



Basically, you boil some water, cook the noodles.















Mix the eggs and ingredients.









Combine them together and flip.







Easy, good flavor, but my husband said, "It needs meat."  Would it be cheating if I ordered some Chinese pork and tossed it in with the eggs?  hehe.



****  As I wrote above, my husband wanted to add meat to this.  When he ordered shredded pork from a restaurant and had left overs, I decided to give this recipe another try:



First, when you are boiling the noodles, do not try to break them up.   Also, do not break up the noodles when you add them into the pan to cook with the butter.









When you mix the other ingredients, add the pork in too to soak up the flavors.









Let the eggs cook well enough to become the binding item so flipping it is easier.

















My husband gave this two thumbs up.  He suggested only using 2 tablespoons of butter.  The pork really does add a good flavor to it. 












Comments