Crock Pot Mongolian Beef

My husband enjoys mongolian beef when we go to a Chinese restaurant.  I came across a recipe that seemed easy and lately I've tried to a few Chinese recipes, so why not one more?



Pretty easy - the hardest part was trying to find Hoisin Sauce.  And I've never worked with Ginger Root, so I did a Google search on how to cut it and store it.  It's easy to get to the yellow root and then mince it.  The rest can be wrapped in Saran Wrap and then put into a freezer bag to store in the freezer. (You might notice the garlic and onion are in freezer bags, already chopped - yeah, easy cooking!)







I was a little disappointed with the meat.  I thought it would fall apart tender, but it wasn't.







First step - put cornstach into a resealable plastic bag with steak and shake.  Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes.  Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Brown - 2-4 minutes.







Place onion, garlic, steak, green onions, soy, water, sugar, ginger and hoisin sauce in the slow cooker.  Cook on low setting for 5 hours.  Serve over Rice.













My husband liked it, but he said to use less soy and more hoisin.  I was afraid of it being too sweet, but instead if went the opposite - a little too much soy.  I will try this one again.  Easy to make and it's not chicken, which I tend to cook a little too much :)








Comments