Chicken NO Enchilada Recipe

There's a reason for the "NO" in the recipe title.  I tried the recipe according to directions and hated it.  I loved it until the enchilada sauce and then remembered.... I never order enchilada's at restaurants because I don't like the sauce - big DUH moment.  But even my husband tried the mixture and loved it and then tasted the sauce and didn't like it.  We have agreed that I will make this again, because really, the meat/veggie mixture is VERY tasty... but NO tortillas and NO sauce.  I'm not much of a bread person, so I don't mind not having to roll a tortilla.  Lol.



Ok, so minus the above, it's really very easy - sauté chicken in butter with pepper, salt, garlic salt and cumin.  I cubed the chicken so that it was in bite-sized pieces and would cook quickly.  After the chicken is cooked, remove it to a plate.







In the same pan that you cooked the chicken, using the chicken drippings, add onions, garlic and touch of cumin - cook until tender.







Then add frozen sweet corn and half a small can of green chiles.  After this is cooked down a little bit, add the canned tomatoes and green chile.  This is when I just knew it would taste good - look at the lovely color!







Add the chicken back in to heat it up and SERVE as is.  (I even mentioned serving it on rice, but my husband liked it just as it is that much.)  If you want to do the tortillas and enchilada sauce - look it up somewhere else.  I don't want to mess up memories.  My husband loved what was in this pan and so did I :)  It had spice and flavor and was colorful and yummy.



Thankfully my husband was able to salvage the inside of the enchiladas without getting much sauce and cheese on it.  So we put it back with the left over mixture from the pan.  That's what we had for supper the next night too :)  It was good enough for left overs, yeah!






Comments