Letter to My Son

Dear Son,

You are your daddy’s boy.  Each morning, you greet me with a smile, even if it’s at 2:30am.  Just 9 weeks old today and you are already a morning person.  You definitely didn’t get that from mommy.

Like father, like son.. after you eat, you want a nap.  And I love to hold and cuddle you.  I can’t express with words how sweet those moments are and I treasure them.  Everyone tells me the time will fly by, especially after 6 months old and to cherish each moment; every moment is a blessing.

Maybe that is why I take so many pictures of you.  Your Daddy fusses that I take too many, but I know in time you will get tired of me taking your picture, so I do it now when you can’t complain and it leaves me with pictures to share with family and friends and captures these beautiful times together.



You are adapting to the bedtime routine quickly too.  I love that it’s a family thing.  Your Daddy and I give you a bath, then a warm bottle and then you go to your crib in your room, lights out.  So far, you sleep well from 9pm to 2am.  That’s such an improvement for Mommy’s sleep too!

This past Friday you went to a doctor’s appointment.  You weighed 12 pounds and 3 ounces.  Your Daddy predicted you would weigh 12 ½ pounds.  Your length was 23 ½ inches and your head measured 15 ½ inches.  The doctor was very pleased.  For next visit (in 2 months) you will be “introduced to the spoon.”

You had your first set of shots and Daddy didn’t want me in the room.  He told me to leave, but I stayed.  I cringed when the nurse gave you the first shot and you cried out.  Daddy was right there by your side, letting you know he was there for you and loving you.  You calmed down so quickly after the three shots.  We were both so proud of you.

Lights and fans fascinate you.  And when someone feeds you, you look right into his/her soul.  You are loved by so many, what a blessing! 



I’m glad the weather will be warming up just a little soon to take you walking in the stroller more often.

You should have seen your Daddy and I the other day!  We were in the parking lot at Babies R Us.  Your Daddy wanted me to unfold the stroller so that I could get used to how to fold/unfold it.  I was struggling to unfold it and found that it was very awkward.  Your Daddy kept telling me to work with it and I told him to do it.  He had the same awkward feeling with unfolding the stroller.  We must have been in the parking lot for about 10 minutes!

When we went into the store, we asked someone to show us how to unfold the stroller… ahhh, just need to pull the middle strap, but you don’t need to keep holding it and then it will open!  How easy is that.  But I’m sure we were a sight in the parking lot.  We are first time parents, learning just as much as you are each day.



I love you so much, Gregory.  You amaze me.

Love Always,
Mommy

Comments

You've made me smile too. What a sweet post. Glad you are so enjoying your little one (and you can never have enough pictures)
Mari said…
Glad he's doing so well. Keep taking pictures! I get teased about that and my kids are now grown, but I never regret it.
Jackie said…
Congratulations! He is simply adorable!

I haven't been around in a while and just finally got caught up!
MOV said…
oh! what a sweet post.

will be back to read more.

best,
MOV
Glynis Jolly said…
I don't get 5 hours of sleep uninterrupted. Gregory is doing better than me and I'm 58.
Natalie said…
Aww he is such a cutie!
Lilly said…
So beautiful Aleta. What a treasure your posts will be for your son one day. I truly am not just saying this but he is the most beautiful baby I have seen, just gorgeous. So glad the three of you are settling in. and take those pictures because they change every day.
Kimberly said…
This is so incredibly sweet!
My husband always used to say that I took too many pictures, but I think he's finally learned to keep his lips sealed. ;) To me, they are so much more than just a picture. Keep on snappin' those moments, you'll have them forever!

I love when a baby is feeding and looks right into your soul. It still takes my breath away.