New Endeavor

My husband is encouraging of me with this new endeavor ~ Cake Decorating.  He smiles and says, "Another craft... jewelry, poetry, painting, piano" (and soon to come, card making, but that's going to be a lengthy process as I'll need help with it).



I love art and cake decorating is right up there with the arts in my mind.  It's a skill.  You create something.  You create art.  It is in total sync with my muse :)  And I've wanted to do this for a while now.. but especially so with a baby on the way, because there are many birthday celebrations in our future.  How nice would it be to make and decorate each cake for my husband, our son and our families.



Fortunately, our local Michael's Arts & Craft store offers 4 different lessons in cake decorating.  I'm in desperate need of the beginner's class and lucky for me, there's one available and the classes end at the beginning of February.  This is good, because our baby is due March 7th, but babies are unpredictable when they want to entire this world :)



To be honest, I went into the class thinking I'd learn how to... well.. decorate.  I didn't think I'd get a lesson in making icing or how to better make a cake.  Make home made icing?  Me?  Surely you jest!  I was having anxiety over it.  I know this, because I put off making the icing until the day before the class.  Totally unlike me, someone who prefers to do things in advance.



There's so much more that we learned though, before that class... and I need to gather my thoughts and notes... this post is more of a "hello" cake world.  I'm here!




Comments