Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year and Les Miserables

Wishing Everyone a Happy New Year!

This month, Greg and I will be busy attending prenatal classes that are offered at night.  It's going to be a busy few months and then a wonderful additional to our family this year!!

At the end of last year, we went to see the movie of Les Miserables.  I saw this once at the Saenger Theater and loved the music.

Greg said the movie "was worth 5 dollars."  I had to agree with him that the two main male characters didn't sing too well.  But Samantha Barks was the saving grace of the film.  She did a beautiful job!  Not only does she sing well, but she sells the song with her emotions.

"She was the highlight of the whole movie" - per Greg :)  Here's the song on YouTube:




To see the video on YouTube, Click Here.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

I was just wondering how that movie was!

The Golden Eagle said...

Eponine is one of my favorite characters in Les Miserables. I love the video you posted!

Cheryl said...

I am glad you wrote your opinion. I had heard both good and bad about the movie. I probably will go during a matinee as you say...it's probably worth $5.00. That seems to be what others are saying as well that some of the actors singing voices aren't all that great.

This will be such an exciting year for you. I actually enjoyed those classes way back when...I made some really good friends there.

Candice said...

Can't wait to see that movie!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Happy New Year!

Les Mis is one I am saving for home... no desire to see it in theaters.

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

I saw Les Miserables in London many years ago and loved it. Happy New Year to you my blogging friend, I look forward to visiting your blog often in 2013. Hope you are keeping well. Take Care.

Lilly said...

I have never even heard of Samantha but she is excellent. I will go and see it next week and will let you know what I think. Three hours of no so good singing...not sure...