Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My Husband's Balls on Christmas Day

Did the title get your attention?  I could help but tease him.  It's something he wanted for Christmas.  Balls.  But honestly, they are pretty cool.  Magnetic balls.  I forget what they are called.  I had to order them outside of the US.  Greg showed me a YouTube video on making the balls into a sphere shape, so we tried it out.

First we had created triangles with the balls, then what I called "petals" - then put the petals together:


Once you turn these pattern together, it forms a hollow sphere.. pretty neat :)


We went to Greg's parents' home for Christmas, here are just a few pictures :)



Christmas Eve night, Greg and I made Oreo Truffles, for the recipe, click here.



Proof!  Someone liked the truffles :)



To see more pictures, click here and scroll to the bottom.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

It looks like you had fun. Oh and those truffles look awesome.

The magnetic balls look fun and interesting. I think for an adult household they would be entertaining.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission asked for them to be recalled in the US as a number of small children had serious injuries after swallowing them. I bring this up as I watched a film of a bowel obstruction of a little girl after these clumped together in her upper GI. Uck! Hide those suckers when little Gregory gets toddling.

See I am already worrying about your baby and I am neither it's grandma or associated with the CPSC. OK...I will mind my own business now.

Aleta said...

Hi Cheryl, I spoke with Greg about the balls.... and I have very small beads that I work with in jewelry making. I have a cabinet that I keep the beads in and most likely we'll put the balls in the gun safe, which stays locked. We're going to be doing a lot of "house proofing" in the coming weeks. :)

Headant said...

It's the magnetic factor, rather than the size, that is a concern. I remember being paranoid about buying magnetic letters when the kids got older. The gun safe is a good idea.

The Aums Mama said...

Best title ever!

Amanda said...

I don't know how I scrolled past this one but I LOVE the title and those look like fun :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Glad you had an awesome Christmas!!