Gift and Bread Recipe

My husband was a little surprised when I mentioned something I'd like... and I was really surprised that he bought it, knowing I don't cook that often.  But I love it, because it makes cooking a lot easier.



This year, we were signed up for making one dish twice (for two different parties), Sweet Potato Crunch... As I started to get the ingredients together, I asked Greg if he could take down the mixing bowls.  Being pregnant, he doesn't want me using the step ladder and the bowls were up high.



I heard him moving things behind me and he said, "Here you go!"  I turned around and WOW!


















I love it!  It makes cooking so much easier :)  Here's the sweet potato crunch; the recipe is already on this blog.  Mixing everything was a breeze for the recipe and it came out great!















Our next endeavor with the Kitchen Aid Mixer was bread...  this was a first time making bread for me, so I was a little anxious about it :)  We used the easiest bread recipe that came with the mixer.



Ingredients:  6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 3 1/2 teaspoons salt, 3 packages active dry yeast, 1/4 cup butter softened, 2 cups very warm water









Directions:  Place 5 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt, yeast and butter in mixer bowl.  Speed 2 and mix about 20 second.  Gradually add warm water and mix a bout 1 1/2 minutes longer.



Continue on Speed 2, add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time - mix about 2 minutes, knead on speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.



Cover dough with plastic wrap and a towel, let rest 20 minutes.









Divide dough in half.  shape each half into a loaf, (We didn't have a rolling pin at the time, but bought that today) place in greased loaf pans. Brush each loaf with oil and cover loosely with plastic wrap.  Refrigerate up to 12 hours to rise.









When ready to bake, uncover dough carefully, let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes.  Bake at 400 F for 35 to 40 minutes.



Ok, so for our first try, it wasn't so much of a successful rise.  It came out very umm, thick, but it taste good :)






Comments