Thankful for Family

I am very fortunate.  My parents were parents when we were children.  They didn't try to be our best friends or demand that we score the highest in grades.  But they did have expectations on how we treated people and that we always do our best.

My parents gave us boundary lines and guidance for growth.  As an adult, I look back on those two opposing things, boundary lines and guidance for growth, and I marvel at how they did the balance act.  It's one that I hope to bring to our child.

As adults, my parents are still.. my parents :)  They keep the communication open, offer support and a never ending show of love.  Not just for their children, but for each other.

Picture below was taken last month in St. Michael's, Maryland:


"I am so thankful for my parents for their unconditional love, endless patience and never ending knowledge.  I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for them.  Both my parents have been incredibly supportive."  Unknown Author

Comments

Glynis Jolly said…
My mother is a lot like your parents. She does voice her opinion a little loud at times but I have alway felt that it was alright to disagree with her as long as I did it with respect.
Lilly said…
You have great parents and you and Greg will be great parents too.