Simple Strawberry Shortcake

Simple version of a Strawberry Shortcake.  Just like in the last post, where I want to get veggies into the diet, I also want to incorporate fruits too.  But it has to be something quick and easy.  If it's a desert, even better.



Sara Lee's pound cake

Strawberries

Cool Whip, sugar free (or ready whip)



I sliced a small section of the pound cake, then I cut that small section into smaller pieces, put those around the edges of a small bowl.



I cut up the strawberries into small pieces and put that in the middle of the small bowl.



Put a dollop of cool whip on top and it's good to go.



Not healthy because of the pound cake, but I used a very small portion of it.  Mostly it was the strawberries.  (And if you have a few tart strawberries, the cool whip and pound cake help to take that bite off of the tart.)



It's quick; it's easy and it includes strawberries :)  It's filling and satisfies the sweet tooth.




Comments