Clearance Plants

Did you know that Lowe's has a clearance section for plants?  It's usually outside, way, way, way in the back... and typically a sectioned off part that isn't labeled as clearance.  But it's there and the prices are at least 50 percent off, sometimes more than that.

Of course, most of those plants look at least 50 percent dead.

I was with my friend, Kim, when we did a little shopping in the clearance area.  I saw a firecracker plant.  It was mostly brown.  Kinda ugly.  But I saw some potential.  I thought... heck it's cheap and if it doesn't make it, it won't break the bank.  There was some green barely peaking through the waves of dead.

The firecracker clearance plant found a place in my front garden.  It's been watered daily.... and look at it now :) :) :)  Love all the red blooms!  I think it's found a happy home.



Comments

Penny said…
Ummm...THANK YOU. I was going to Lowe's today to buy plants -- and now I'm DEFINITELY going to check the 50 percent off out.
Glynis Jolly said…
My mother-in-law is an extremely frugal person. She rarely buying anything unless it's on sale for at least one third off. She told use about Lowe's clearance flowers seeing that Lowe's is the only do-it-yourself store in town other than the 2 feed stores. I got my little garden in back using those flowers. ;)