Morning Preening

I went to Lafreinere Park early in the morning.  A lot of cleaning and preening was going on.  Did you know that swans will dip their head and neck in a straight line under water, then tilt their body to the left and right in order to get the water on their feathers.  Then they preen.
There are five black swans at the park.  When I first arrived, two white ducks were very close to me.  Then one black swan came up close.  The ducks weren't happy about it :)  If you can't see the video, click here to go to the video on my Picasa site.
I was shocked when the swan got out of the water, very near to where I was!
This next picture makes me laugh







Ok, enough of the swans, let's get to some other fine feathered friends :)









Going to the park in the morning was a great experience.  Not many park goers and the animals were waking up to their routine.  It was so nice!

I didn't get any pictures of the bunnies though.... I didn't see them this time.  To see more park pictures, click here.  


Comments

Head Ant said…
Have you ever seen the nutria out by the bird sanctuary?
Aleta said…
No, but I saw a HUGE raccoon last night walking across the street. It was bigger than our dog! Shame I didn't have my camera with me at the time.
Head Ant said…
That's a big raccoon!
Aleta said…
Yes, it was. I was so shocked, all I could do was watch it walk across the street.