Dragonfly

In the last couple of posts, I mentioned my attempts at weeding.  I've found all sorts of critters, from squishy worms to bright green caterpillars and other creepers I don't know the names of and personally, I don't want to find out.  Oh and spiders, which really do weird me out.  

I've also scared one of the neighborhood cats.  She's completely white with pretty blue eyes.  I was weeding and she came around the brick wall and stopped.  The look on her furry face was to say, "WHAT!  What is a HUMAN doing up this early in the morning!  Maybe if I stay as still as a statue the human won't notice me."  Which is what she did... stood statue still.  I smiled, turned back to my weeding and she slowly, ever so slowly walked away.  

Then later in the day, after picking up my gloves and tools and cleaning up from my morning weeding... I saw a dragonfly on the ground.  I went up really close to it and thought, "Awww.. poor thing is dead."  It didn't move.  And me, sick person that I am, I took a picture of a dead dragonfly.  Only, after I took the shot, it flew away :)  So, not so sick?  Right?  I LOVE this shot!  I used my iPhone to take it.  Here's a picture of a dragonfly that is alive!


Comments

LindyLouMac said…
When you study nature up close, the colours are amazing, nice shot Aleta