Stuffed Bell Pepper

When I told my husband that I was going to cook stuffed bell pepper, he replied, "Almost ALL of the taste is from the seasoned ground beef, so make sure that tastes good."

It was the best advise and of course, it made a lot of sense too :)

Ingredients:
Ground beef
Bell Peppers
Rice
Parmesan Cheese
Onions, Celery, Parsley
Garlic Powder
Blackened Seasoning
Worcester Sauce
Taco Seasoning
Salt and Pepper

Directions:

Saute the onions, then add celery/parsley/other veggies and sauté for a little while (I like them to be a little crunchy)

Add ground beef and brown
Add garlic powder, blackened seasoning
Add Worcester Sauce, just a little bit of taco seasoning and salt and pepper

While this is cooking, start the rice.
And cut the tops off of the bell pepper; gut the insides to remove seeds. Chop up the bell pepper tops and add to the ground beef mixture.

When I knew the ground beef was cooked, I sampled the flavor, added more seasoning/spices until I had it where I wanted it. I can't say what the measurements are; it depends upon the taste, but I do know that I used plenty of the blackened seasoning and more than a few dashes of the sauce.

My husband grilled the bell pepper shells, which gave the meal a great smokey flavor. I'm not one to cook on the grill, but I really do recommend this. (Before he put the bell peppers on the grill, he sprayed them lightly with oil.)

Stir cooked rice into the meat mixture and taste again for flavor.

Stuff the bell pepper shells with the ground meat mixture. Hint from my husband: Put the shell in the ground beef pan, so if any of the mixture falls out, then it falls back into the pan. Smart man!

Top it with parmesan cheese. Turn the oven to broil and cook for just a few minutes until the cheese is brown/melted. Everything else is cooked, so it's just a matter of the cheese at this point.

My husband said it was the best stuffed bell pepper he has ever had. He said that if he had ordered this at a restaurant, he would definitely order it again!

Comments

Tara R. said…
I love stuffed peppers, but never thought of grilling them. I like that idea... a lot! I may have to make these this weekend.
Aleta said…
Grilling adds an extra flavor to the peppers. Let me know how it comes out :)