Pork Loin Spicy

My husband asked me how I was going to cook the pork loin.  He wanted to know if I was following a recipe.  The problem with not knowing how to cook something is .... there are so many options to be found on the Internet!  I wanted to use all the ingredients.



Some things don't go well together though.  Instead of lumping all the ingredients in one dish, I decided to cook two variations.  Of course, it helped to do so when I realized the package contained two long slender slabs of pork loin.



The first is:  Pork Loin Spicy



Ingredients:



Pork Loin

Onions (I used two, but I had enough for both recipes)

Garlic (either minced or fresh cut)

Liquid Smoke

Blackened Seasoning

Pepper

Salt

Worcester Sauce

Baking Oven Bag



Directions:



Saute Onions

While the onions sauté, cut little holes into the pork and stuff it with the garlic pieces.

Add liquid smoke

Put the pork in the oven bag - trust me, use the oven bag, because it makes the pork come out super tender!

Add the seasoning (I used a small container to mix the blackened seasoning, pepper and salt and then spread it over the pork)

Add worcester sauce

Add sautéed onions



Cut about 3 tiny holes in the bag.



It's great if you have a thermometer to tell you when the pork has reached the proper temperature, which is what I did.  Otherwise, cook for about an hour or so, depending upon the size of the pork.  Temperature at 325.



I don't have any measurements on the recipe, but I tend to be a little heavy handed with the seasoning.  My husband loved it!  I thought it came out excellent too :)  This was the first time I've cooked pork loin and was very pleased with the results.



Tomorrow I'll post the other way I cooked the meat - Pork Loin Sweet

Comments