Confession about Reading

I love to read. That's not a confession, I know....

But here's the thing... even if it's a BAD book, I have to finish the story, because I have to know what's going on. Because I know that about me, I've become a little more particular about what book I start :)

So, I've read some really good books, which is great! But... bad. Because when I say, I have to know how the story ends, I mean... like SOON! I will read through the night and into the morning without stopping. And if an over-nighter didn't get me to the end, I'll read in the morning, go to work, come home for lunch and read some more, go back to work, come home and read, read, read.

That's bad. Because my husband every now and then feels neglected. I have to space out my readings. Lol.

Then again.. if I'm reading Romance.. my husband really likes that *wink*

Comments

GingerJar said…
OMG me too, and I take the Nook to work, just in case I get my break and can read...Dave will tell me he is feeling neglected (though how he can tell is beyound me..as he is addicted to playing solitare on the computer!). I hate it when I buy a book and don't like it, then I feel obligated to read it anyway. Glad I'm not the only one who does that.
Kimberly said…
I used to read to the end even the ones I didn't like, but recently find I have no patience. I then wonder what happend and promise I'll go back to it, some day...

I get a tap on the cover of my book when I've been engrossed for far too long. That's the code. Yes, it happens to frequent that we've established a non verbal cue to, "Hey, pay attention to me." LOL!!

Happy Thanksgiving Aleta and Greg. And p.s. I'm BAAAAAAAACCKK!!
GingerJar said…
I am currently reading Stephen Kings new book: 11/22/63 and am about 1/2 through it...it is 695 pages...much longer than most of the books I have...I love it. I also loved "Dumas Keys" that came out a few years ago. I pretty much will read anything, including obit's so I guess I am an addicted reader!