Question 9 Education

Question 9 - How important is education to you?


Highly. My Mom is a teacher. Need I say more? She's an excellent teacher, by the way. She was also my speech therapist when she recognized that I had a hearing deficiency.


I'm hopeful that parents are teaching their children the value of education and to respect teachers.

I thought about being a teacher. When I first attended college, my major was education.. but you know what happened? The professors in the educational field looked down upon grammar school and high school teachers. This one particular professor snubbed teachers and the students looking for such a career.

I knew about the pay. I knew about the parents, the students, the red tape of schools, the politics, the grading, the long hours, the dedication.. but what I wasn't prepared for was the negative attitude of college professors towards their own given field. You know the saying about the straw that broke the camel's back? The professors' attitudes were such a turn off that I turned towards Sociology for a degree and also Business Management for a second degree.


Part of me wishes to retrace those steps.. I shouldn't have allowed one professor to dictate a change in college education. But then, life is about changes. Who knows what is in store versus what we plan. That said, no matter the path, education is important!

Comments