Question 17 - Pride

Question 17 - Something that you are proud of

Hmm, "pride before the fall"... It feels a little strange to say that I'm proud of something, because it sounds pompass and arrogant.

I'm happy to have worked hard through college and obtained two degrees.

I consider myself fortunate to have my parents as role models; with the proof of love by their example, I'm happy I did not give up on love, in finding Greg when most women would have stopped looking for love.

I'm happy when I create jewelry or play the piano or paint or photograph something into art.

But proud? I'd rather be happy! I think that's why I like my "happiness is" posts on Friday so much :)

Comments

Penny said…
I always have to keep my pride in check because I too easily get too prideful. I agree with you -- happiness is better than pride!!
Mark said…
Congrats on your accomplishments! I have issues with self-pride too.
m.
Lizzie Barbie said…
New follower from the sits girls forum.
The Forscheins said…
pride is a tough word indeed. it might be too what makes foreigners look at Americans in a negative light at times.
You're awesome though for all you've accomplished and all the things you're happy with in your life. Way to go dear Aleta!