Confessions about driving

Remember how I wrote about not liking to drive. Here's a great example... I used to drive a 2003 Chevy Malibu, gold, 4 door. It was in great condition and I knew exactly how to turn it to make that perfect parking job. 2003.... and when I went to sell it... this year - 2011. The mileage on the vehicle? 57,462. That's right from 2003 to 2011 that's all the miles I put on the car.

My confession though is about my husband's SUV. See, the reason we put my Chevy Malibu up for sale was because Greg got a company car. 2 people, 3 vehicles. Fortunately, both of our vehicles were paid for, but Greg's SUV was the newest (2009). And yes, it's true, the Ford Edge is a far cry nicer than my sweet Chevy.

So, I had to learn how to drive the Ford Edge. It took me 2 months before I was finally willing to let my Chevy go and take on the Ford Edge full time. I love it now. Still don't have the parking down as lovely as I did the Chevy, but I'm making friends with the Ford Edge :)

Comments

Mark said…
Man, I should have bought your old car.
m.
Tara R. said…
My family has a very eclectic collection of cars. My son has a F150 truck, hubs has a Subaru wagon and I have a Honda SUV. The truck is hard to park just because it is so big, and the wagon is a 5-speed (which I love to drive). My SUV is small, and perfect for me.
Yeah, I'd rather be chauffered than drive.