Confession about being living here

I have a confession to make about living in New Orleans....

I don't think I was meant to be born here.

I love New Orleans. I think you know that from reading the ABC's and various things about doing fun stuff in the area.

But... I've often said, "I shouldn't have been born in New Orleans. I should have been born up north!"

I can't stand the heat. The humidity.

It's one of the reasons I love fall and winter. Well, "summer lite" as well call it over here :)

Comments

Coffeypot said…
Being from GA, I know about the summer heat and humidity. As a kid sleeping the the same room with my three brothers (we did have our own beds) it could get so hot that we would sleep on top of the covers. We were too poor to have an electric fan and I would pray that one of my brothers would fart so I could feel a breeze.
M.J. Fifield said…
I'm a New Englander born and raised, as is my significant other. But every year, when it starts getting cooler, my significant other starts complaining about how he can't stand the cold. He desperately wants to move south. I'm good where I am.
Raige Creations said…
and here I am wishing for warmer weather. it only got in the 50's today. and I am originally from Buffalo, now in the mountains of North Carolina. I long for hot and humid, I'll take that over long snowy winters.