Tropical Storm Lee



I didn't sleep last night, because of the storm. At 5am, we received an automated phone call that there was a tornado alert in our area. We received 2 of those types of calls within a 30 minute span.

We went out in the weather. Call us crazy. All because we needed fat free cheese. We couldn't make an omelet without cheese! So, we called some local grocery stores to find out if any were open for the storm and lucked out.

At 5am, my street was already flooded (picture below).

We had to go down a bunch of different streets, turn around, try other routes, but we did make it to the grocery store. When we saw other people there, I said, "At least we're not the only idiots going to the grocery store in the middle of a tropical storm."

On the drive back home, I was grateful Greg was driving. I had to cover my eyes when we went through some deep waters on the streets. Below is a picture of the canal on W. Napoleon - very high.

Comments

Saw that it would hit you today. Now that you have your cheese, stay inside and stay safe.
Head Ant said…
I remember when I worked at the bank, someone came in with a $1000 bill. Now, they do exist. We just couldn't take it because no one could remember what is supposed to be on it.
LindyLouMac said…
Wow, thank goodness you got home safely, not sure I would have ventured out for cheese in such a storm!
Tara R. said…
You all stay safe! We are getting rain from TS Lee today. I went out to get photos. I want to be a storm chaser when I grow up!
M.A. Leslie said…
Sounds like you're going through what we felt like a week ago. Stay safe and careful. I hope all is well.
AndreaLeigh said…
i'm glad you got home safe! that is scary!


Thanks for stopping by on my SITS Day! I really do appreciate it. Hope you will visit again sometime!