September 11



I've been to New York City, before 9/11. I had a crappy little camera with me. But I treasure those pictures.


I've seen NYC skyline after 9/11 and it reflected that hollow emotion of loss.


One of my bloggy friends is from NYC. She told me that they constructed a memorial for the towers. Supposed to be a fantastic design and then she joked, "without any bathrooms!" Only, she was serious too. I want to go back to NYC in the next few years.


To our fireman, our soldiers, our police officers, those who serve and protect. God Bless You and Thank You. To those who lost loved ones ~ prayers each year in memory. God keep us strong and safe.

Comments

Hip Grandma said…
I chanced upon your comment to one of my posts written in 2008 for teacher's day.I must have missed reading it then. you had mentioned that your mom was a teacher. Please give her my best wishes. we need more like her.
God bles those who were lost and those who did their best that day.
Mark said…
Very nice, Aleta.
m.
John said…
I grew up in the shadow of the skyline - about a 20 minute drive (if there was no traffic, though there was always traffic) to NYC. If you climbed on my roof, you could see the outline of Gotham - and the towers were always the way you knew you knew what you were seeing (the Empire State & Chrysler buildings could be seen, too - but there was a part of your mind that might convince you that they were trees).

It's funny, though - there was never great love for the towers while they stood, until 1993 bombing. And, even then, it was muted. They were a huge office building.

The next building may be the most loved skyscraper in the history of architecture.