Question 5 Things You want to say to an Ex

30 Question Challenge

Question 5: Things you want to say to an ex.

What a doozy of a question! Ok, which ex?

I know most woman might respond with, “I hope she cheats on you like you did on me” or “I hope someone doesn’t tell you the truth, just like you lied to me” or “I hope she is as horrible to you, blah, blah, blah”.. you know the old “eye for an eye” thingy.

Me? What would I say to an ex… ok, here it goes and this is for both of them:

I hope you are living a great life! I hope it’s so wonderful that you never think of me. I hope that you closed that chapter in your life and that it’s in the past. That you lived, learned and moved on, because I have.

Truly, I hope you are happy. I can’t wish for otherwise, because I’m too darn happy with my life, with the love of my life. I don’t want any bad karma by wishing something otherwise on another person and I don’t have any ill will towards you.

Oh and I don’t regret my past. Because it is part of who I am today and I’m happy in the right here and now.. past and all :)

Comments

Candice said…
I would tell my ex "thank you". Because of him, I was able to realize that what I thought I wanted, really wasn't. He was never the guy I wanted/prayed fo him to be. If he were, I would have never met my husband. I can't imagine my life on a different path. Funny how things work out, huh? :)
Mark said…
Now you're on the trolley!
Good job!
m.
Aleta that is a wonderful attitude - wish them the best and move on!
Cperz said…
Oh, what a beautiful post. I never ever think of my exes as none of them were of any consequence as far as I was concerned. I dated my now husband mostly thru high school. The few breaks we took were more rebounds of sorts. After 40 years of marriage, I hardly remember much about the others other than they were forgettable.
Unknown said…
Nice post to your exes. It's wonderful that you harbor no ill will toward them. Love that 'good karma' approach!
Anonymous said…
Thats what I love about her... being more and more positive day by day1

I love you Aleta Grimball O'Brien!

GregO
I wish I could be that magnanimous. Honestly, I don't have a lot of nice things to say to my ex-fiancee and while I thank God every day he did what he did so I could have what I have, I pretty much hope he's miserable, fat, and bald(er).
Sugar Turntable said…
You are such a wonderful person Aleta! A very good example to everyone!