Malibu Sold and a Prayer


I had the Chevy Malibu since 2003 and put less than 58,000 miles on the car. It was in good condition, new tires, new paint job, new battery, the engine looked great, etc. It was no wonder we had a lot of people stopping by to look at the car (it helps that we parked it on a street that gets a fair amount of traffic).

It was bought by the parents of two twin daughters, both of them about to start college. One of the twins wanted the vehicle. I was so happy when it sold. I had no mortgage on it, so it wasn't as though we were rushing to sell. But it's just me and my husband.. and we had three vehicles. The Malibu was gathering dust, so better to sell it to someone who could use it.

When the parents paid for the vehicle and drove off with the Malibu, I said a little prayer... that the daughter would take good care of the car and that the car would keep her safe. I know that sounds silly.. but there you go.

And now, for something totally different.... the saying is.. "there's an app for that." I think this one takes the cake: click here - Very Informative

Comments

Anonymous said…
WOW! That is great you were able to sell the car. I know people who have bought tons of great cars from private sellers and got great deals. Sounds like yours was one also. I think it is nice that you said a prayer. :) I wonder if the people at the car dealerships do that too.....lol
Doesn't sound silly at all to me. My parents had a Malibu. Lasted forever.
Mark said…
Congrats on selling that car. I've been de-hoarding this entire year and I love when I know where something goes and I always hope that people can enjoy it.
Your Friend, m.
Cookie’s Mom said…
Bitter sweet. Congratulations on selling your car! I know what it's like to let something go and hope that the next owner will care for it so that there is life in it still when it moves on to the next person.

Thanks for your comments on my blog today. :)
Jessica said…
I hope the car keeps her safe and that she takes care of it in return.
Anonymous said…
A girl just starting college - - I'm glad you said the prayer. She's probably going to need it.