Happiness is Photography

I'm happy to be participating in Jade's "Happiness Is"

Happiness is Photography

What is it about taking pictures? I think a lot of it has to do with art, but there are very special times in life too. I love to capture the moment. I'm also someone who loves to look back on pictures. The Internet has made that so easy - post a picture and you can look at it quickly and repeatedly with ease. I remember after Katrina, I put all of the pictures I could online. If a hurricane comes again, I have those scanned pictures at least...

Memories are precious. When I see the picture of black sand beach, it takes me back to our time in Hawaii.... when I see the Diamondhead Volcano, I remember "oh my gosh, that long, long, take your breath away climb" to the top of it and that sense of accomplishment from doing so. When I see pictures from our wedding, January 3, 2009, I know how fortunate I am to have that day with the man of my dreams.

I don't need pictures for the emotions, but having the pictures helps to bring those special times back into focus. It's a good thing to remember the good times in our lives.

Comments

Mark said…
We were in threat of a flood yesterday. I moved all of my printed photos to the 2nd floor. I couldn't care less about the flat panel t.v.
I hear you loud and clear.
m.
Penny said…
Awww...what a sweet post!! It's amazing what memories a photo can trigger.
The Mommy Mambo said…
A picture is worth a thousand words, isn't it? or is it 1000 emotions and memories? :)
My wife enjoys looking at older photos for the same reasons.
julie fedderson said…
I feel the same way--I would save my photo albums first, worry about the appliances later if my home were threatened.
You are so right about pictures! When I see pictures of my little ones, or my grandmother's house, it refreshes my memory of those special times! Wonderful reminder Aleta!
I love to take photos too and now I'm saving my pics in about 3 different locations. Because I lost 5 years of digital photos when my hard drive stopped from one day to the other when I was living on a remote island. And it already payed off, about half a year ago our house got broken in and my laptop was stolen. Luckily I just made a backup a week prior to this. Lesson learned.
LindyLouMac said…
Absolutely I love my photography. The problem is I find that nowadays with digital photography I tend to take far too many.
The Aums Mama said…
I love what you wrote about pictures and emotions! I'm a little teary and nervous these days because my husband accidentally deleted ALL of our digital pics that go back at least a decade and include our wedding and our 4 babies childhoods. He's in the process of trying to recover, but it's been a couple of weeks and no good news yet :( Please keep your fingers crossed for me!