Confession Fork and Knife

I have a confession to make... I use a fork and knife when I eat. Oh, that doesn't sound like a confession, right?

But I use it for just about everything! Yes, I will eat chicken with a fork and knife. If there is corn on the cob, I will use the knife to cut the corn off of the cob and use a fork. Believe me, I can do a great job with a rack of ribs using the fork and knife too!

(Mind you, I'll use a spoon when warranted as well)... Even for sandwiches, if I can get away with it, I'll cut it into pieces and eat it, though I WILL eat a sandwich without a utensil. But then again, I'm not into eating a lot of bread, so I don't eat many sandwiches.

I don't know why I'm like this.... my family will pick up food with their fingers and eat. My husband teases me about it. In fact, one day, he cooked this awesome, delicious ribs and it was so good, it was finger licking good... when I grabbed the rib to eat it without a utensil, he threatened to take the camera out. Lol.

Comments

I sometimes use a fork and knife on my pizza, so don't feel bad!
Head Ant said…
I use them on pizza as well.

When cutting raw meat, I use a fork and knife.
julie fedderson said…
I just ate a donut with a fork. It's a writer's disease--don't want to get the keyboard messy.
Tara R. said…
I'm not a huge finger foods fan either. I do like ribs, but don't like eating chicken wings. I'll eat sandwiches and pizza with my hands, but will use knife and fork to each nachos sometimes. These is no rationale.
Anonymous said…
If the pizza is hot, then fork is the way to go for me but overall I love finger foods and picking at things sans utensil IF it's not messy saucy. Beautiful sunset photo in your right column.
I use fork and knife on pizza, but it's only because I'm super impatient and I know it will be too hot to pick up.
Anonymous said…
I say go for whatever works!! It is all going the same place no matter what it travels in on. lol
The Forscheins said…
How very European of you! I use a fork and knife for anything from pizza to corn on the cob, toast, and chicken too
This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where everyone was eating candy bars with a knife & fork, do you do that? I use them for pizza if it's a big giant piece.