Confession about Mom

I have a confession to make about my Mom.

We didn't always get along. Our's wasn't a loud, horrible, break the bond rebellion, but it was there. Me wanting to stretch wings and Mom wanting me to land safely.

For the Mom's out there with young teens... it'll get worse for a while. Just remember yourself at that age. Kids think they have enough experience under their belt and enough wisdom to garner good ideas and the right path to make.. and sometimes the young adults need to make the mistakes. We all do, young and old.

But love always finds a way to bring it back together. Mom and I went through a silence in our relationship, but we made it through. I'm all the more grateful, because of everything we've gone through and how she's been there for me.

Today is my Mom's birthday. I love you, Mom. Thank you for being there, for letting me make the mistakes and for holding me in your arms when I needed to cry and for lifting me back up when I was ready to stand again. Thank you, for being my Mom!

Comments

julie fedderson said…
Yay for moms! I was such a mouthy little brat to my mom at times, but now I am so in awe of her. Amazing what a difference a few years will make.
Natalie said…
Happy birthday to your mom! I think every teenager goes through this...I know I did at that age!
Candice said…
My mom and i went through a similar relationship when I was 17-20. It was rough and we butted heads A LOT. Now, we are close. Glad that you and your mom are close too. Happy birthday to her :)
arvee marie said…
Happy Birthday to your mom! ;) I always get teary eyed when it's about the "mom" things. I love my mom, too! ♥ I found you via SITS! ♥
I wasn't a BAD kid like smoking and drinking, but I was kind of rotten to my parents. I thought I KNEW IT ALL and HOW DARE YOU CHALLENGE THAT!!! I dread this phase with Wee 'Burb, esp b/c I swear it's starting closer to age 11 with some of my friends. I cherish my little baby who thinks I hung the moon for all the days I can get her.
Wonderful birthday tribute to your mother! Sometimes kids have to make their own mistakes. (Sometimes we just need to watch our older brother do them instead!)
Mark said…
Happy Birthday to your Mom!
m.
John said…
Happy birthday to your mommy!

Yeah, my mom & I haven't had the most perfect of relationships, but I truly love her.
I think most girls go through a rough patch with their Moms when they're teenagers at some point. My Mom was great in that she let me choose my own path in life and let me learn from my own mistakes. She's had plenty of opportunities to say "I told you so" but never has.

Ever since I found out Sassy was going to be a girl I've been dreading the impending doom that is a teenage girl. If my Mom knew about all the stuff I never got caught doing...

Happy birthday to your Momma!