Question 1 Five Ways to Win My Heart

A fellow blogger posted 30 challenge questions. The challenge is to answer the questions one a day in order to keep her inspired to write on her blog. I’m going to participate; only I’m not going to do it in 30 days. I’m going to spread out the challenge to one or two questions per week.

Question 1: 5 Ways to Win Your Heart

1) Honesty. Oh, those little white lies about giving gifts or something silly like that is OK. But honesty must be a strong, solid factor for winning my heart. It’s the foundation of friendship and love. When a person isn’t honest from the start and builds on the relationship with dishonesty, you know the house of cards, right?

2) Kindness. It’s such a simple thing and so very important. Life is hard enough. We don’t need to be cruel to one another. There’s no need to make fun of someone just to feel better.

3) Laughter. It’s the medicine that can’t be bottled but is free to anyone. Laugh with me (cough, notice I didn’t say laugh at me…. Then again, I’ll try to laugh at myself as well). Smile with the world and it can make any path worthwhile.

4) Strength. Not the physical kind, the emotional and mental kind. It’s called strength of character.. the ability and desire to do the right thing and help people in need.

5) Attitude. You’ve heard the saying, “It’s all in the attitude.” There’s truth to it. I tend to “plan for the worst, while praying for the best.” So sometimes it appears my attitude is more along the negative line, but it’s me trying to prepare and plan for the worst, but believe me, I’m praying hard for the best!

Greg, my wonderful, loving, giving, thoughtful, handsome, sexy husband won my heart. My heart has always been mine until he came into my life.

Comments

Excellent traits... I so agree! I'm also big on integrity and keeping your word!
Anonymous said…
And your heart is a gift I will always treasure.

GregO
Nicole Pyles said…
Good list!! Oh I'll play along to! Here's my five ways the right guy could capture my heart --

1) Laughter -- having a good sense of humor...
2) Be honest...meaning...don't hide flaws or mistakes or weaknesses or oddities (we all have them anyway)
3) don't take yourself too seriously
4) Like my family
5) Like your family too.
Those are all good! Honesty tops my list as well.
Ivy Bliss said…
How very cool! Will you put up the link to this blogger-question-challenge?
I made a list like this once, only in reverse. After a very bad date. Very bad.
http://visionsoftlycreeping.blogspot.com/2010/04/dating-101or-how-not-to-get-second-date.html

~Ivy
christina said…
love and agree with all of these!
Unknown said…
That's a sweet post. I'd have to say mine are pretty close to the same!

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog and on my SITS day! You're a sweetheart!
Glynis Jolly said…
Some husband are just naturally terrific. I know because I have one too. :)