I Will

I will not “try” to do things any more. I’m guilty of that saying. My husband has called me on it in the past and said, “That means you won’t.” Only, I ignored his words and thought, “not necessarily.” But if I’m being honest with myself, he’s correct.

It isn’t something I can ignore any more, after reading a fellow blogger’s post.

The fellow blogger writes about positive thinking and how the mind works. I have always said how much I love Greg being a positive thinker and things work out for him.

My husband is quick to say, “It’s all about the attitude.” And he has a great attitude. It’s almost as though he wills the universe to his positive results.

I promise to delete “I will try” out of my vocabulary.

Here’s the blogger’s post – the story about his father’s words and how it made him think – that first story, grabbed hold of me. I hope it does the same for you.

Comments

Tara R. said…
I'm guilty of the 'I'll try' trap too. Maybe it is all about attitude.
Cperz said…
I think that I use "I'll try" occassionally as a substitute for "I might do it if I feel like it". I tend to know what my capabilities are and what my time restraints are. I just don't know if I will be motivated to do whatever the subject of the conversation is about.

My husband tends to be way more of an optimist than I am. I get irritated if he can only see the positives and can't be open to the need for caution.Jumping out of a plane with a smile on your face doesn't mean you don't need a parachute. I am a parachute packer.

My pragmatism has saved us a few times too.

I tend to be a cheerful person most of the time but when I have had a saddness or disapointment and people tell me it is my "choice" as to how to adjust my attitude, I want to scream. There are times to be sad, or mad, or quiet or fragile or whatever mood I am.
I love positive thinkers. I'm more of an "expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't happen" kind of thinker!
As Yoda says, "There is no try, only do."
Lesley said…
I so do that myself...more than I'd like.....I think it's a great thing to go with the "it's all in the attitude" mantra!!! Good for you!
Broot said…
You're right. That's a fantastic post. And I'm guilty of the "I'll try" too.
Anonymous said…
I still use the phrase occasionally, but only when I mean that I'll try. If I am not going to do whatever, I fess up to it. It just makes life a little easier.
Anonymous said…
I still use the phrase occasionally, but only when I mean that I'll try. If I am not going to do whatever, I fess up to it. It just makes life a little easier.