Birthday Party Pictures


The morning of Greg's birthday, we went to "our" Cafe (the Cafe where we had our first date and where Greg proposed to me... ever since our first date, we go to this Cafe on Saturday mornings... so we know the staff there and also the regular customers by name.) I'm going to show my age here... but if you remember the television show, "Cheers" - that's what this Cafe is like for us - "everyone knows your name" type of atmosphere.

When we arrived and placed our order, I told the staff that it was Greg's birthday. When the waitress brought out the omelet, she had a candle in the omelet! Everyone (not just the staff, but the patrons... everyone in the restaurant) sang Happy Birthday to Greg. He was turning red but couldn't stop smiling. It was just too cute of a way to start the day.


Greg's party was held at his parents' home. They have a really large dining/living room and it's great for parties, because there's lots of sitting area and a big room to socialize. We decorated the night before, so we weren't rushing around on his birthday.


My cousin, Andrew, catered the event. His company is Catering D' Orleans and he is super busy with catering for movie crews shooting movies in New Orleans. I was very happy to see how nice he did the set up - he not only brought the food, but all the utensils and serving dishes. We had pulled pork, sauce for the sandwich, buns, pickles (which Greg really liked), chicken and sausage gumbo, potato salad, regular salad and cole slaw. It was a nice spread of food and very pretty too :)

It was so nice to see everyone there - a perfect mixture of Greg's family, my family and friends. Greg didn't expect this, just thought it would be immediate family; I liked being able to surprise him.



This is the doberge cake. It's a layering of cake and pudding - made from the local cake company, Gambino's.



During the party, I asked my niece, Caiti, if I could take some pictures of her for the photo challenge this week. She is beautiful, with delicate features, a vibrant personality and a soft profile. Thank you, Caiti, for being my model! (The background is a painting that my talented mother-in-law did. I couldn't resist using it as the background.)


Thank you to family and friends who made this day very special and for all the thoughts and emails and notes on my blog and Facebook wishing Greg a Happy Birthday. It meant a lot to my husband and to me :)


To see more pictures of the party, click here and to see more of the pictures that I took of Caiti, click here. To see the photo challenge pictures, click here. Yes, I know too many clicks going on. Lol.

Comments

You know how to do your man's birthday right!
And I couldn't tell if you were showing your age...
Glynis Jolly said…
It looks like he really enjoyed it. Could you send a piece of that wonderful chocolate cake to me? :D
martha said…
wow....you put so much into your hubby's birthday party. Here it's just a family eat out. LOL... Love this post and the candle in the omelette! :) Happy birthday to the man!
christina said…
these pictures are great! made me smile :) seems like you have a very lucky hubby!
christina said…
these pictures are great! made me smile :) seems like you have a very lucky hubby!
Buckeroomama said…
I'm sure your hubby's birthday was extra special with all that you put together. :)
LindyLouMac said…
A belated Happy Birthday to your husband, it certainly looks like you had a fun time celebrating.
Anonymous said…
WOW! Looks like an awesome time. The photos are very beautiful. It is nice to have a special place to go where everyone does know your name.:)
What a nice touch with the candle in the omelet. I love places where they know you and you are not just a 'number'. The ambiance is completely different.
Looks like your Hubs had a great party. Happy belated b-day.
The buffet and the cake look so yummy, I'm getting hungry right away. And off to the kitchen I go.
Looks like tons of fun! And that cake looks phenomenal!
Priscilla said…
I nominated you for a reward! Check it out here:
http://thedailyfolly.us/?p=223

(And that cake looks too delicious... *mouth watering!*)
Looks like it was a wonderful day. I'm sure your husband appreciated all of your efforts!
Jessica Heights said…
Many happy returns to him!
Tabitha Blue said…
What a big, wonderful celebration day! Happy Birthday Greg!! I think the smiles convey how much fun you all were having! Great job babe. :)

~Tabitha
Natalie said…
Wow look at all that fun! Happy birthday to your husband!