The ABCs of Me

The ABC's of Me

I saw this on another blogger's site and thought it was a fun idea :)

A - Artist. Sort of. I wouldn't say I'm an artist. But I'd like to dream that I am, does that count? I guess being an artist to me is someone who gets paid for his/her artistic endeavors. My Mother-in-Law has won many awards with her paintings and has sold many paintings. SHE is an Artist. Maybe I'll change it to "Art" - I like to make Art with jewelry and paint, how's that?

B - BEADS! BEADS! BEADS! I don't want to even think about how many of them I have. But I have lots and lots (aka oodles) of beads and I love them all! Yeah! And I'm not talking Mardi Gras beads... this is the stuff for making jewelry - Woot!

C - Camera - I like to be behind it, taking pictures. Unless it's a picture of me with my husband :) I like pictures of the two of us together. Those are special.

D - Dandelions - The things which dreams rest on and float away with. They look like snowflakes, so dainty and delicate... perfect for making wishes. When I see dandelions, they make me smile and feel like a child again.

E - Egg. Oh sure, I like to eat eggs, mostly omelets, but the cholesterol free type (I don't like scramble eggs.).. But, the reason I like Egg so much is because it's my Mom's initials :) Oh and Eagle, because my Dad likes eagles (and NO, I'm not making ANY "bald eagle" comments with that, but ohhh, it's tempting!!)

F - Fruit - When we went to Hawaii, one of the two weeks was on a cruise. I actually lost weight on this cruise vacation, because almost all the time I was eating fresh fruit there Yummm..

G - Gullible. Didn't even have to blink to know the word for G. My darling husband coined this one on me while we were dating and I'll admit to some truth in it. Ok, another G - Groupon -they have good deals :)

H - Happy. Because I've never been happier than I am in my life right now. :) The reason why - that would be the main H word - Husband. We're both very happy. Oh and another one - I love Hot Air Balloon Rides. I'm looking forward to the day that Greg and I take a hot air balloon ride together.

I - Instrument, the piano. My parents bought a piano, even though they didn't play. They wanted my brother and I to have the experience of music in our childhood that they didn't have the opportunity in their own childhood. My parents are pretty awesome like that :)

J - Journey - Because life is just that, a journey. It's not the destination. We all know what that is, but it's the time before the destination, what we do with our lives that counts. (My Dad said those words right before he went into bypass surgery, I'm so glad he is still on this journey with us.) And hopefully, Joy will be a part of the Journey!

K - Kindness - I want to be as kind as possible to others. We need this more than ever in the world. Being kind to someone can change that person's day.

L - Love. Because Love never gave up me and I never gave up on Love.. and because of that, I met the most wonderful husband, most perfect man for me :)

M - Mac - I owe this to my husband. He was a Mac before me and then I was shown the light! Macs rock - so easy to use!

N - Nature. I love to take pictures... even more so of landscape, flowers, nature. If the option of a vacation is between a city or surrounded by nature, I'm going to opt for the nature trip.

O - OCTOBER - oh yes, I'm biased! For Fall, For Halloween, For Cooler Weather (hopefully) and For my Birthday - Woot!

P - Princess - my husband will call me that. Then again, he calls the dog that too. I'm afraid to ask what that means. I think it's to say that we're both spoiled. Another word - Poetry, I have a book of it and many more written since then too.

Q - Quiet. I LOVE quiet. Maybe I should *whisper* that instead of all Caps it, but I felt like it needed the caps. I'm not someone who has to have background noise on. The radio, sure, sometimes, but not all the time. My husband prefers to have the TV/radio on most of the time. That said, every now and then he'll say that quiet is nice too :)

R - Respect. It's an important lesson in life, one that my parents taught us very well. One that I appreciate seeing in my husband. It leads to good relationships.

S - Skydiving - Haven't done it. Call me crazy. But I want to do this. One day. Here's another word.. sexy... Ever listen to the voices for the GPS system? There's a lady who can do the "sexy voice." When my husband and I went on a trip to Tennessee, I did the sexy voice and he said it was better than the lady on the GPS. Hehe.... "You've arrived at your final destination... but don't stop just yet..." ohhhhh..... *blush*

T - Travel. I have the bug. I'm not a wanderlust. I won't just pick up and go, but I have the travel bug.

U - Underestimate. I think people underestimate me. I'm not against that idea, because it means I get to surprise them.

V - Vanilla - I'm not too keen on it. Veggies - I love 'em, grilled, steamed, sauted, raw - any way.

W - Water. As long as it's not flooding my streets, I think it's great. I like drinking water. Especially when I exercise on the treadmill and weight machines. I also love to swim, but I haven't been swimming much this summer. Which is crazy given how hot it's been!

X - X-ray. I had a chest x-ray not long ago. As well as blood work and a heart echo test (it's basically an ultrasound of the heart and it's pretty cool to see). It's all because the doctor "heard a murmur" and he wants to be sure it's nothing we need to be concerned about. I'll give an update on it as soon as I find out.

Y - Yawn. It's hilarious when our dog yawns! She makes this sound that goes on forever (it seems) and at a variety of different sound levels. And it's a loud yawn. She sounds like a bear in the woods. My husband and I laugh every time we hear her. It's entertainment!

Z - Zodiac - Scorpio .... 'nuff said!

Comments

Kevin Figueroa said…
This is cool. I want to do this but

A. It would take a long time and...

B. I would hurt my brain.
I'm impressed... it's not easy to think of 26 things about yourself and you even got in a few extra!
Head Ant said…
I'm stealing this. Like I don't have enough to post today.
Penny said…
Hey, I'm scorpio, too! =)

Love B for Beads, lol!!
Candice said…
Glad you took a stab at it, Aleta. Great job!

http://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com
Sukku said…
wow..what a nice list...thanks for sharing...
Wow, coming up with 26 things and some more about yourself, you're good. I would have a hard time.
But for F, Q and T I would choose the same as you did.
Btw my Hubs also prefers to have the background noise on. Maybe it's a male thing?
Anonymous said…
I enjoy reading the ABC list. I wonder if I could come up with one for myself. Hmmmm something to think about, not sure if I am that interesting. lol
Marlee said…
What a good blog idea! I might have to list my own ABC's someday!
I like what you said about dandelions! Way to turn a weed into something beautiful and fun. haha!
The Forscheins said…
I love that you get to do multiple words for 1 letter too if you like. And you are one of the Kindest people I know!!!