Happiness Is Flower Power



I’m happy to participate in Jade’s “Happiness is” linky at "Now That I'm No Longer 25."

Happiness is…

Watching the leaves come back after the look of winter.. and seeing the blooms.

Flowers make me happy. I love the variety, from tiny clusters of crape myrtle trees to the single rose blossom. Heck, I even think weeds are pretty when they bloom! Is it the smell, the vibrant color variations, what exactly makes me smile whenever I see a flower? (And yes, I’m a “stop and smell the roses” kind of gal.. I’ll even stop and take a picture of the flowers too…)

I read an article about flowers and health. It stated: “Nature provides us with a simple way to improve emotional health. The presence of flowers triggers happy emotions, heightens feelings of life satisfaction and affects social behavior in a positive manner far beyond what is normally believed.”


I took the below pictures of the crape myrtle growing in our front yard. We have 4 trees, arranged red, white, red, white. The first picture looks blurry, but I like it in an “artsy” way .




Happiness Is... at nolonger25.com

Comments

So 'flower power' wasn't just a saying?
Jade said…
Thanks for linking up!

Wow those flowers are amazing - I've never seen the white ones before. Thanks for giving me a good excuse to plant more flowers in my garden!
Jemi Fraser said…
Those are gorgeous! Flowers makes me happy too :)
Jennifer said…
Love flowers! We have hibiscus bushes under our living room window, red ones and yellow ones. It's nice to look out the window and see a burst of color to brighten up your day.
Kavi said…
Love flowers ! They are so pretty without seemingly have to doing anything.

Just love the way they can soothe the calm nerve and calm the seething mind.
julie fedderson said…
I'm showing this to hubby; now it's scientific fact that I need fresh flowers brought to me. That's a beautiful tree, btw.
LindyLouMac said…
Flowers certainly make me happy.