Book Review CassaStar

Book Title: CassaStar

Author: Alex J. Cavanaugh

Alex is a fellow blogger and it’s from his blog that I found out about his book. What a wonderful treat!

As the reader, I was introduced to CassaStar’s world with the right amount of information to imagine the world but not get bogged down by technological Sci Fi words and meanings.

Alex Cavanaugh’s book has excellent character development. It's about dealing with the past, feeling acceptance, learning to reach for what we are truly capable of doing and having to deal with the pain of loss. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not just about character development, there's lots of Sci Fi action and it's definitely a page turner (I couldn't put the book down until I finished reading it!).

The main characters are Byron and Bassa. Byron is determined to be a Cosbolt fighter pilot - the elite. He has to struggle against his past records stating his ability versus attitude (attitude being unacceptable with the elite and their missions). Bassa, a highly decorated instructor, focuses on Byron and pushes past the walls the Byron has built, while Bassa deals with his own ghosts.

The story includes a war, loss, friendships being ripped apart.... I don't want to spoil anything by writing much more, except this - BUY THE BOOK.

And on that note.. I want a sequel.

Comments

Oh Aleta, what a wonderful surprise! I didn't even know you were reading my book. I am thrilled you enjoyed it. And yes, I working on final revisions of the sequel right now!
Again, thank you so much. I'm just blown away. Bless you!
Matthew MacNish said…
New follower here, great review.

Nice to meet you, Aleta!
Jeff Beesler said…
I'm another new follower, and I'm also enjoying the CassaStar story. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee that there will be a sequel, as I am one of Alex's critique partners. It's a pleasure to meet you!
Sylvia Ney said…
Wonderful job on the review! Come share your favorite blogs! http://writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/
Jemi Fraser said…
I really enjoyed CassaStar too! Alex did a terrific job - can't wait for that sequel :)
Ellie Garratt said…
I agree with your review and can't wait to read the sequel!

Ellie Garratt
PK HREZO said…
What a great review! I hopped over from Alex's blog. Nice to meet you! :)
Thanks, everyone - and thank you once more, Aleta!