All You Can Art


My good friend, Kristen, purchased tickets from Groupon (2 for 1 price) for Rembrandt all you can art. Months ago we had mentioned doing something like this and decided this weekend was the time to put the Groupon coupons to use. We had so much fun!

It was a full class, which I preferred, because it gave us more freedom. Everyone picks out their own paintings and the artists working in the shop go around to assist with the colors and how to do shading, etc. But basically, you're pretty much on your own. I like that type of artistic freedom.

It's no surprise that both Kristen and I picked out Fleur de Lis to paint! Though the two are different styles and different colors. Like us - friendship so close that it's similar and just enough different with our personalities to make it fun.

The manager of the shop came out and introduced herself, showed the paint brushes we would use and added, "There's a cup with water in it. This is to clean your brushes. Don't dip your brush in your drinks (drinks are allowed, as are snacks, etc) and don't drink the paint water." We all giggled and eagerly started on our paintings.

Kristen painted the inside of her Fleur de Lis first. I did the opposite, going with the background color, then painted the Fleur de Lis. We bounced ideas and suggestions back and forth, having a really good time. At one point, I glanced over and saw Kristen taking a sip and then looking at me and ever so slowly putting the cup back down. I said, "No, you did NOT!" Yes... she did. We busted out laughing. I had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard. Yep, Kristen drank the paint water by accident! Thankfully it was only a small sip before she realized what she had done.. it was the combination of my shock and her "what the heck" expression and then "oh my God" following by "SHHHHHH don't tell anyone here that I did that. You can put it on Facebook but don't tell anyone I did this here." Tears rolling down my face, I had a hard time refocusing on the painting.

Here's a picture of our paintings and a sample of what other people worked on as well. (In the picture below, Kristen's Fleur de Lis is on the left and mine is on the right.)




Comments

Laura said…
That sounds like so much fun! And I love the pictures of a all the paintings. (Many's the time that I drank the paint water... doh!) great to meet you by the way,
Laura x
How fun! And you both did a wonderful job. Drinking paint water though - ick!
Penny said…
Oh how cool!!! I wish we had something like that to do that was closer than an hour away!!
Carma Sez said…
what a blast. I love taking art classes. You did very well with your color and shading. Looks very "regal"