Breakfast Birthday Celebration

This was the first time I've attended a Breakfast Birthday surprise and it was so much fun! (Secretly, I was surprised with how many people were there, considering I'm sure I'm not the only one who isn't a morning person. That's love for you though, it doesn't matter the time of day, you're going to be there to celebrate!)

The Breakfast Birthday was for Mary Ann, my mother-in-law, celebrating 75 years young - she looks great! It was a surprise party for her.

Everyone cooked the breakfast from eggs, hash browns, fruits, bacon, French toast, mimosas and a pretty fruit cake! The food was either cooked at Greg's parents house or cooked at our homes and brought to his parents' home.

Ok, I have to add at this point... Greg and I were responsible for the meats (i.e. bacon, sausage) and also the orange juice (for the Mimosas).... Before we got into the car, I was sure to pack the gifts, then went back for the food. As we were driving to his parents' home, Greg said, "Did we forget the orange juice?" My reaction, "DOH!!!!" Of crouse, you have to hear Greg mimic me to get the punch of it... but yeah, we had to turn the car around and go back to get the OJ.

Greg's parents normally go to church on Sunday and afterwards, they like to go to breakfast at Cafe La Te Da, which I think is so neat, because if you've read my blog for a while, Greg and I have a special liking for that restuarant :)

Greg's Dad agreed to tell Mary Ann (Mom :) That he wasn't feeling well and wanted to go home, rather than go to the restaurant.

We began to worry that maybe he forgot to say he wasn't feeling well, because they were late in arriving home. Everyone took turns to look out the window. It was my turn to do so and I saw their car. Greg (who was in the bathroom at this point) heard me say, "They're here!" But he new my voice wouldn't carry... so
Greg yells out from the bathroom "THEY'RE HERE!" Everyone ran into position by the front door and yes indeed, she was surprised!

So much surprised that she said, "It's a good thing I'm healthy, because you might have given me a heart attack!"

I thought it was too cute when we sat down to eat, Jerry (Greg's Dad) turned to his wife and asked, "Are you still mad at me?" She was mad, because he missed the turn to the restaurant and went to the bank and Wal-Mart while she thought they were going to eat breakfast first. She said, "No, I'm not mad any more." Too cute.

It was so much fun to have a breakfast birthday and everyone was in good spirits and sharing lots of laughter. Greg had his iPhone and took videos of them coming in and of Madelyn's daughter showing how much she needed a hair cut and also Mom blowing out the candles. I put the videos into an iMovie - click here to view it.

Happy 75th Birthday, Mom!!!!

Comments

That was really sweet! Hope Mom had a great day.
Jules said…
That is an awesome idea, birthday breakfast. You seem to have such a wonderful caring family. A Happy Belted Birthday to Mary Ann :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow