Year of the Rabbit

Yesterday was the start of the Chinese New Year - The Year of the Rabbit.

"Kung Hei Fat Cho" means "Wishing You Prosperity and Wealth" - I'm a little late in the wish, but there you go!

After doing a little research, the "Year of the Rabbit" is associated with home and family and keeping the peace. The Year of the Rabbit is also associated with arts and good business decisions.

I could go with a lot of that and how appropriate.. those cute little bunnies, soft and sweet and yes, peaceful.


Now... if I can finish this piece of jewelry I'm working on. Ever have something in your mind of how you want something to turn out but you aren't sure how to get there? That's how I feel with this particular necklace. I'm at the halfway point. There's no stopping it now and it's taken me two weeks just to get to this point. It's a Chinese inspiration as well.. from playing Mah Jongg with my Mother-in-Law on our iPads. I'm going to call it Dragon Eyes, though originally it was going to be called Red Dragon for the Mah Jongg piece (Greg said that Hannibal had a movie called Red Dragon, so I'm not calling it that any more). The Eyes come from the 6 red round beads on either side of the Mah Jongg piece. Sure, that might mean that the dragon has 6 eyes, but hey, that could be possible if you're an avid Sci Fi/Fantasy Fiction fan, right?!

Comments

I'm a science fiction/fantasy fan, and I'm good with it!
Oh, and "Manhunter" was a far better movie than "Red Dragon."