Two Hearts


This morning's conversation at the breakfast table:

Greg: "That's pretty." (I like it when Greg notices the jewelry I wear, even the jewelry I don't make. He was talking about the diamond and ruby heart pendant on a white gold chain that I had on.)

Greg looked at it moment longer and said, "I didn't buy that for you."

I replied, "No. My Mom bought it for me. She gave it to me after my second divorce. I have another one, it's diamonds along one side of the heart. She gave me that heart after the first divorce..... When Mom gave them to me, Mom said, 'Here's your heart back.'"

Greg said, "Awww... that's nice."..... then there was a pause and Greg continued..... "She better not give you a third heart!" We both laughed.

When I wear either of the hearts, I think of my Mom's love. She didn't just give me "my heart back".... she renewed my faith in love. Not with the gift of diamonds and rubies, but with the gift of her love.

This morning, as I was walking towards the door to leave for work, I gave Greg a kiss goodbye and wished him a good day. He said, "I like that (pointing to the heart).....gave you your heart back...."

I said, "I wear it for you."

I have two hearts.... and one Love.

XOXO

Comments

Golden Eagle said…
Aww . . . that's so sweet. :)
Nicki said…
This is a really neat story! What a great Mom! :)
Jules said…
Your mom was a wise woman and I like that sentiment as well :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
Unknown said…
I am so glad that you have your heart back to share with Greg.
Love,
Mom
Cyndy Bush said…
Very sweet....you are blessed with a good husband & a good mom!
RGB said…
That's really sweet. Your mom is a wonderful person. "Here's your heart back", I like that!
Tabitha Blue said…
Oh my goodness, that's one of the sweetest things. Your mom sounds like an amazing one, and Greg, well, he's always sounded like a great husband! :) Love the story.

~Tabitha
Oh, Aleta! What a great story! Gay is wonderful =)