Not Heart Healthy Recipe


Not a Heart Healthy Recipe

One of the blogs I read shared a recipe that the blogger coined as “Nasty Assed Dip” also known as Spicy White Castle Dip.

I’ll be honest, after reading the ingredients, I didn’t know if I would be able to stomach making it much less serving it! But it just so happens that Greg’s family was have a family gathering this past Sunday.

Given that I’m known for my inabilities as a cook, I figured I should try making this nasty assed dip, because at least I can own up to something that won’t come out right.

Here are the ingredients

10 White Castle Hamburgers
1 8 oz cream cheese
3 mustard packets (it calls for White Castle Dusseldorf but we didn’t have this)
½ cup onion, finely chopped
9 oz hot pepper jack cheese
2/3 cup milk
2 tbsp parsley flakes

Instructions

Mix cream cheese and mustard together and spread on bottom of large, shallow serving dish.
(Kind of disgusting looking already....)

Spread onions evenly on top of mixture.


Put burgers in food processor (Yes this includes the buns!) and blend, spread evenly over onions.
(Greg took the blinder to the burgers)
Cut cheese into chunks, add milk and melt in microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir until creamy.


Pour cheese mixture over burgers.


Sprinkle parsley flakes on top.


Heat for3-4 minutes on high in microwave or 20 minutes in oven at 350. Serve with a large bag of tortilla chips.

Of course, we couldn’t go to Greg’s parents’ home armed with just this dip, as we were in charge of chips and dips for this gathering. Greg made a delicious black bean dip – Yum!


Ok, so we didn’t tell anyone what was IN the nasty ass dip, just let them try it first and asked for them to rate the flavor. Believe it or not, it received mostly 7 to 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest. I might have thought they were kidding or trying to be nice, but by the end of the gathering, half of the nasty dip was gone!

Then again, once we told them what was in the dip, we received a couple of funny faces and a few “Really?” and they had to try it again. Lol. I wouldn’t rate it a top notch award winning recipe, but it’ll do and it makes for a good conversation piece!

Oh :) I finished my Dragon Eyes necklace. If you want to see a picture of it, click here, it will take you to my jewelry blog. The Dragon Eyes necklace is the second picture when you scroll down.

Comments

Jules said…
LOL, just the name "Nasty Assed Dip," had me going. And NO it is not heart healthy :)

Loved your necklace as well.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
I think I'd have to pass on nasty-ass dip!
Anonymous said…
I'll pass....I'll send you a nice spinach and articoke dip instead...krl